Chapter 19: It's personal

Deon

Where the fuck is Travie he was supposed to be here by now. I decided to get the main gang and couple dozen other niggas together and figure out what we finna do about Layla's kidnapping.

"Have any of y'all heard from Travie? We need to get a move on..." I asked the niggas in my living room. None of them seemed to know where he was though.

Just as I was about to bust out my phone to dial him the doorbell went. I walked over and opened it to see a fucked Travie leaning on the door frame with a blunt in hand.

"Woaw you look like shit my nigga" Knox laughed as he looked over him.

"Let's just start this shit" he dismissed brushing past me.

I walked over to the living room and stood in front of the room full of niggas talking, smoking and drinking. When all of a sudden I saw Jordyn & Deena enter.

There's no way they're staying. This is trap business and they should just let us handle it.

I quietly made my way over to them.

"J y'all don't need to be here" I said getting straight to the point.

They both looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you serious Deon?! Lay's our girl so we do need to be here right now" she retorted trynna walk off.

I grabbed her arm halting her. "Listen your dad don't want you involved in this so don't even think about it" I layed out in a serious tone.

"Well this what y'all got here ain't got shit to do with me...so imma take a seat before the meeting starts" Deena said interrupting the tension and gliding off.

"Deena! stop playing I'm being fo'real you girls ain't getting involved" I called out frustrated, these girls ain't got no respect for a nigga. .

But she walked off anyways. Fuck! imma deal with her later.

"Listen J just trust that we finna get Layla back aight?!" I said turning to J knowing she wouldn't really listen but hope to.

"No you listen Deon it's partly my fault that lay's kidnapped and she's my girl so imma do what I can to get her back...so don't try stop me" she warned trynna break free from my grasp.

I could feel her efforts in trynna free herself but shit a nigga weren't letting go. But after just getting hella bored of this shit I let go and allowed get to remain.

"Aight fine" I sighed giving up. "But this all your doing. You and Deena betta not try going on no rescue mission fo your asses get kidnapped too." I joked.

"Aight cool" she replied laughing.

"No but J I'm serious. This all" I reinstated, incase she felt brave enough to stage a rescue mission.

Travie

"Yo you aight bro?" a familiar voice asked me placing a hand on my shoulders.

"Yh yh I'm straight" I shrugged not lifting my head to see who it was. I was really not bothered with socialising, I was high as fuck and just had a short fuse.

A niggas been up all night trynna figure out how we finna get Lay back. It was hard finding one of their crew members so a whole safe house is near impossible.

"Fuck" I whispered in annoyance, pulling another draw.

"Travie!" Jordyn's voice suddenly cut through my thoughts.

"What?!" I snapped on edge.

I saw her expression and apologised.

"how dafuq are you finna think straight with all the weed gone to your head"