Chapter 23: Missing You

Jordyn

I walked into my dad's condo with an overnight bag I put to the side.

"Jordyn sweetie?" I heard my mum call from the living room.

"Mum, aww missed you" I ran up to her hugging her tightly and asking her loads of questions about the fashion expo.

"Is that Jordyn?" I heard my dad enter with a glass of Henessy. "What's up princess" he smiled pulling me into a hug. This scene reminded me of back when I was a kid coming back from school to my mum and dad.

"Soo ... what you get me mum?" I asked hoping she got me some clothes or sum from Italy.

"I'll show you later, but first we want to talk to you" Mum confessed.

"Actually love there's a game on that I can't miss" he said brushing past her, giving her a kiss on the cheek, she just rolled her eyes and walked off as dad got a call.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked joining mum in the kitchen as she started bringing out fruits for smoothies.

"Heard you and Ziggy have gotten closer and well you know how dad is" she said turning to me.

"Mum, I'm not immature I know what I'm doing I just wish dad would understand"

"Your still our daughter and we aren't going to like your relationships especially at this point but all the years it's just been me and you an you've never been with anyone like you are with Ziggy" I smiled at her understanding, thanking God for this mother he dun blessed me with.

"Yeah but it's hard when he works with dad, I know he's just worried because he thinks Ziggy is just like him." I spoke after mum finished with the smoothie blender.

"Your a lot smarter than I was at your age and I trust you, I'm just worried about Ziggy" I could tell she didn't completely approve.

"He's not as bad as your imagining he's sweet, people just get the wrong idea sometimes" She smirked at me pouring the smoothies into glasses.

"Hmm .. I'll talk to your father, just get to bed you look exhausted" She smiled as dad walked in putting his glass down.

"Rashad what I tell you about drinking that all the damn time" mum complained grabbing the bottle of Hennessy from him before he could refill his glass.

"You'd rather I drink that funny looking shit" he nodded towards her smoothie.

"It's healthy"

"It's green" I just laughed, saying goodnight going up to my room.

After I got out the shower and changed into my PJs, my phone started ringing on my bed. I climbed into bed picking up the call.

"Hey Baby" I smiled into the phone picking up to Ziggy.

"Mmm, someone's happy" He spoke back, sounding all relaxed and shit. "and you never call me baby, what you done?"

"Nothing! You always complaining I'ont show you no damn love when you call" I said mocking his tone.

"Ayy, it's true" he laughed at my mocking him. "but I wouldn't mind some love right now" he whispered to himself.

"I heard you!"

"Good"

"What's up though?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Oh, urr .. I just wanted to tell you, imma be in Miami an extra week"

"What? why?" I asked annoyed.

"There's couple more things that need sorting out" he said making excuses.