Chapter 36: Weak Bonds

Jordyn

After I told Ziggy he just laughs lowly to himself before looking up at me. "I don't ever wanna see him near you"

"You can't decide that" I retorted

"I .. Just did" he looked at me sideways for a second before continuing. "Don't tell me you agree with him .."

"You know that's not true ... Can we talk about the real problem here?"

"What's the real problem?" He teased grabbing my hand causing me to get up and stand in between his legs.

"Can you be serious for 5 minutes?"

"I think I've been serious for about 25 minutes n-" he said glancing at his watch then stopping once he saw my unimpressed expression. "Okay, I'm listening .."

"schools over soon and I'm going to college .. Out of state" I looked at him to see if he was following but his expression remained blank.

"You know I support whatever you do right?" I nodded "so what is it?"

"What about you .. Us?"

"You know I can't just leave-"

"I'm not asking you too .. I just want security"

"What do you mean security?

"About our future .."

"We'll tackle anything that comes our way, when we get there" he cupped my hands in his smiling at me.

"We are there .."

"What's really bothering you?" He questioned noticing my change in attitude.

"Do I have anything to worry about?" I questioned back

"No .. Unless you don't trust me?"

"You've kept things from me before-"

"Same goes for you" he scoffed.

"This is not about that .. Or blaming each other, I just want to make sure we are on the same page"

"J, if you're looking to jump at the first chance to leave .. You'll find it" He admitted looking me in the eye. "Whether it's you not trusting me, you moving away or me in the game .."

"I didn't mention any of those"

"You didn't have to .." He stated blankly. "I can't talk about this right now .. I have a lot going on"

"A lot going on .." I scoffed. "What aren't you telling me?" Just then his phone went off.

"Look this is important .. I have to take it" he said glancing at his phone that was on the table, I saw Kevin's name displayed on the screen.

"And I'm not?"

"I didn't say that"

"You didn't have to .." I said mocking his earlier words.