22. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Kitten, your smarty brain will help you out."

Chapter 22 – "I'm sure you'll figure it out Kitten, your smarty brain will help you out."

"Oh there you are!" I turned around and saw Charlie holding a bag of 'In and Out' burgers.

He knows the best.

I smiled and dropped my paint brush on the palette.

"So you painting the garage?" He asked setting the bags on the table nearby.

I nodded. "Dad's order – well actually my choice."

"Ah," he suddenly took his jacket off and rolled his sleeves up.

He passed me his jacket. "What are you doing?" I asked.

He grabbed a paint brush as I placed his jacket on one of the chairs. "What does it look like? I'm helping you out." He said in an obvious tone as he smiled.

I took the paint brush of off him. "Come on, I'm exhausted and I see that you got me something over there." I said grinning, he shook his head smiling.

I opened the packaging of my burger and took a huge bite out of it.

I realised Charlie was staring at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face?"

He laughed but later shook his head.

"So you want to explain why you haven't been showing up at school, again?" he quickly added in the last part.

"Charlie, its Sunday today." He looked away thinking to himself.

"Pfffttt...I knew that!"

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway answer my question, why haven't you been showing up at school?"

"First Serena, then Carter and now you!" I sighed looking down.

"Yes I am asking you-...Wait Carter? When did he show up?" see this is one of the reason why I like Charlie, he's like a brother I never had, he's very protective over the people he loves.

"He came over yesterday, it's honestly no big deal." I said waving it off and taking a bite out of my burger.

Charlie nods but then quickly looked at something behind us.

"What?" I ask furrowing my brows.

I turned around as he didn't say anything.

Carter was there standing with his hands in his pocket with the messiest hair.

I stood up. "Carter? What are you doing here?"

"I thought maybe you wanted to get started on that plan."

Charlie snapped his head towards me. "What plan?"

My eyes slightly wide as Charlie doesn't know anything about this.

"Nothing," I chuckle nervously.

He seemed to understand something was going on. "Tori, what is going on?" Charlie asked a little worried.

"Honestly it's nothing," I hated lying to Charlie, but the minute I tell him about Serena and Hunter he won't like me meddling, especially if Carter is going to help.

"You would tell me if something is going on right?"

"Definitely!" I say almost immediately.

Charlie stood up and slipped on his jacket and grabbed his car keys from the table. "I'll call you," I nod.