9. "She's back"

Amazing cover made by @foreveryoung_09 Thank you so much I absolutely love it! <3 Please go check out her stories, there amazing just like the covers she makes! <3 

Chapter nine – What is bothering you?

Friday.

The day we’ve all been waiting for ever since Monday started.

School was the usual, although I have noticed that Carter hasn’t showed up for 4 days, I don’t know why it bothers me, I mean it shouldn’t.

Right now I was walking to class, looking down since I have to be careful where I walk.

I walked into a wall, with black jeans and combat boots?

What?

“Watch it nerd!” the familiar voice I heard.

I looked and saw Carter, very tired and stressed out. What the hell happened to him?

He stared at me with cold eyes. “Just move.”

“What happened to you?” we both said at the same time.

His jaw clenched. “None of your fucking business!” he said with gritted teeth.

I gulped and swallowed away the lump in my throat. “O-Okay.” I said lamely and moved past him.

I quickly walked away from Carter, why was I even scared of him? – Wait, I’m not scared of him, I just didn’t want him to cause a scene in front of everyone.

I walked inside class and instantly met Dean as he waved, I waved back and went to sit next to him.

This is why I like English, you get to anywhere you want, if the teacher’s not in a bad mood.

“Hey.” Dean said smiling.

“Hey,” I said taking out my books and a pen.

“Okay class, everyone settle down.” The teacher said, he was about to say something but Carter walked in and apologized for being late.

I didn’t look at him but I could feel someone staring at me.

“Right.” Mr Walkers started. “Everyone turn to page 455 and read up to 461 I have other things to get fixed right now, so I can’t teach you guys. But this is the topic and I want you to read this with the person you’re sitting next to and answer the questions and your done for the day.” I sighed, I couldn’t be bothered to answer these questions let alone read all of the pages. I know I’m a straight a student, a nerd, with no social life – you get the whole idea.

“But sir-..” Dylan the smartest guy in this class, he even got more marks than me.

Mr Walker sighed. “Not now, Mr Thomas.” Dylan doesn’t speak back and shuts up, pressing his lips in a thin line.

“You probably know the answer to this right?” Dean started saying. “I mean you are the smartest girl in this class.” Does everyone think I’m a nerd, sure I study for test I mean I want to get in a better college.

I shrugged. “Dylan seems to be better at me.” I said not really caring.

He chuckled. “I’m surprised, how come you don’t sound so shocked?”

I looked at dean while smiling. “Why should I care? I mean everyone’s better at something that the other person isn’t, you know?” Dean looks down and nods, understanding.

I start writing out the answers to the question. “Hey can I ask you something?” I look up and drop my pen.

“Shoot.” I replied.