6. "Just leave me alone, Carter"

Chapter 6 – Leave me alone

Why was I stuck in the same situation again?

Maybe god doesn’t like me, why else would he put me in this position?

Carter was staring at me with his now dark eyes, do they change colours when he’s angry? Because that’s just creepy.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “That’s none of your business. Now can I have my bracelet back?” I ask impatiently.

“Like I said, I want answers once you give them to me then you can get this stupid bracelet back.” My heart slightly broke when he said stupid bracelet, it wasn’t stupid it was the only thing I had left of my mom.

“If it was stupid, then why didn’t you throw away the bracelet?” I asked bitterly, he seemed to notice as he was about to say something but I cut him off. “Fine what’s your question, I don’t have time.” I say rolling my eyes.

“About your mom.”

Way to be specific Carter.

“What about her?”

“Where is she?”

I looked at how close me and Carter were, as students walked passed us. I noticed how kissable and soft lips he has. I realised I was staring to long, I took a breath in. 

“You know Carter if you were here then you’d know. But you weren’t so, to answer your question, she’s not here.” I say and snatch the bracelet out of his hand, I quickly walked away so he wouldn’t ask me any question.

I safely put the bracelet around my wrist. Hopefully this time it won’t disappear.

“Hey Tori!” I turn around to the voice.

Dean.

I smile as he jogs up to me. “You okay? I just saw you with Carter and I just thought something might of happened?” he asked showing me a concerned look on his face.

I shook my head. “No it was nothing, and Carter was just giving me back my bracelet.”

“Oh, it’s beautiful.” He said smiling.

I smiled back as I looked down at my wrist. “Yeah, my mom gave it to me,” that’s all I have left of her.  I felt like saying but I didn’t.

 Dean understood what I meant, he gave me a small smile making sure if I was upset or anything so I gave him a big smile which caused him to chuckle.

“So what’s your first class?” he asked.

We both were walking as we were talking to each other. “I have biology. You?”

“Spanish, boring I know.” He said in a bored tone which made me giggle.

Spanish wasn’t that bad, I knew how to speak Spanish since I came from a Spanish family. I guess I just found every subject easy.

We stopped at my class. “Thanks for dropping me at my class, I’ll see you around school.” I say as he says goodbye, I walk in my class being the first person as always.

I sit down on the chair as I take out my text books and note book.

I take out my phone to see if I have any miss call.

2 missed call from Dad.

Dad called me? I wonder why?

Since no one was in class, I decided to call my dad.

Ring

Ring