Chapter Eight

Aribella's POV

Looking in the mirror I couldn't help but wish I could improve what I saw. I had on a sweater that clung to tightly for my taste and a pair of jeans.

I didn't bother doing anything with my hair, leaving it in it's natural wave, but unlike most days, I actually put on makeup. Nothing major just some mascara and eyeliner.

But the girl looking back at me didn't show the confidence I wish I had. She wasn't beautiful, she was just there. As much as I wanted to improve my makeup, or maybe do something with my hair, I had to leave for work.

Walking down the familiar road to work my mind began to wonder. I had been extremely nervous since I agreed to the date yesterday.

I had never been on a date before. In fact, other than flirting at work and one kiss at a party in high school I had never really had any experience with guys.

What if I do something wrong or say something stupid. I was embarrassed that I had no experience.

Once at work my worries seemed to dissapear as I started in my usual routine. I saw Joe sitting at the bar filling out paperwork. "Hey Joe. How are you today?"

He looked up from his work and smiled " I'm fine, you look pretty today. Going out on a date tonight?"

"Yeah, right after my shifts over."

"That's great, who's the lucky guy? Someone I know?"

"I don't think so,he came by the bar a few nights ago."

"Well I'm just glad to see you getting out some. It's not good for a girl your age to hang around these old geezers all the time."

I laughed "Your not that old."

"I wasn't talking about me!" He said while pointing to a table of regulars. Then gave me a wink.

Before I knew it, it was time to leave work. After fetching my things from the back I found Jake sitting at the bar.

He glanced up noticing I was finished. "Hey Ari, you look beautiful."

I blushed "Thanks, you don't look that bad yourself Flirt."

He laughed "Flirt?"

I nodded while trying to hold in a laugh.

He smiled "I like it. So you ready to go?"

"Yes, where are we going?"

Holding open the door, he lead the way to his car "I can't tell you, It's a surprise."

Getting in the car I was so glad I had decidedto go on this date but as ridiculous as it sounds mystery man was still in the back of my mind.

Vince's POV:

Sitting on the couch I was bored out of my mind. Between the consant urge to go kidnap Ari and for some odd reason wanting to kill Jake. I was going crazy.

Needless to say these days I was competing with Rose on who could have the most mood swings. I just needed a distraction from everything.

I had no one to hang out with. You would think living in a pack house I would always have someone to talk to. But everyone was busy.

Nick and Rose were doing last minute baby shopping, Greg was on a run, and I had no idea where Jake was and I really didn't car.

Trying to distract myself with xbox, I couldn't shake the need to be with Ari. About an hour later I couldn't take it anymore. It wouldn't hurt anyone if I just happened to go to the bar she worked at.

After the past few days I have realised that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to have a mate. I mean she was beautiful, I was going crazy not being around her, and this denying thing obviously wasn't working.

In my car I was becoming more and more anxious knowing I was about to see my mate. Would she remember me? Would she even talk to me, of course she would shes my mate.

Puling into the bar I quickly jumped out of my car and all but ran inside expecting to be hit with the smell I loved so much. Instead I found that the scent was still there, but not nearly as strong as it should be.

I noticed Joe,the man she was talking to the other night standing behind the bar. Walking up to him I began to go through all the possibilities in my head. What if she had gotten hurt or moved away? My chest began to hurt just at the thought.

"Excuse me sir, is there anything I can get you?" The man said breaking me out of my trance.

"Yes actually, I was wondering if I could tell me how I could get in touch with Ari. I'm a friend of hers but she doesn't seem to be here." Lying so I could find her.

"Well that's a shame you just missed her, I would tell you to go to her apartment but she actually went on a date"

WHAT!  A date, she went on a date. I should have know this whole mate thing was a stupid idea. I'm an idiot. I can't believe I was about to give in to this curse.

As I stormed by the door I picked up on an all to familiar scent.

I'm going to kill him.

This chapter took me forever to write because I kept adding and taking out trying to make it better. I just don't like it :/ So hopefully next chapter will be better.