Chapter Twenty Four

Vince's POV

"Your crazy to think that was a good idea." Nick said with a knowing look.

I laughed "Why would she be mad? I bought her a new car."

"Because Ari worked hard for that car, Shes going to be pissed trust me."

I just laughed "You don't know Ari well enough to assume that."

"No, but I know Rose when shes mad. It's something I avoid at all costs."

"Ari's nothing like Rose, I think your wrong."

He was about to respond when Greg walked in.

"Greg, what are you doing here?" I asked confused since I had left him to watch Ari.

He glanced nervously behind him "I thought I should come warn you before she gets here. She was furious when she found you had switched the cars."

Before he could even finish his sentence we heard the front door slam open. Followed by a "Vince, where are you." shaking the house.

Nick laughed "Your right shes nothing like Rose, I believe shes worse. Have fun buddy, come on Greg we need to take cover."

They left, leaving me to sit alone and wait for my very angry mate to find me. I quickly thought of all the places I could hide, maybe I should just make a run for it.

Knowing that our connection would make it useless to hide I decided to wait it out. Waiting for what was coming made every second feel like hours.

But in all honesty I didn't understand why she seemed so upset. Was it such a horrible thing that I wanted my mate to have a safe, reliable car? Not to mention it was top of the line, everything you could possibly ask for in a car.

Much safer than that death trap she had before, I even made sure it had some resemblance to the other "car".  It was incredibly difficult to get something that specific in mere hours.

Shouldn't I be reciving words of appreciation instead of the what I can only suspect to be threating remarks?

I was pulled away from my thoughts by a fierce knocking on my office door. I could practically feel the waves of anger seep through the door. "Come in."

The door quickly opened to reviel a very angry Ari.

"Where the hell is my car?"

Was it wrong that I found this side of Ari cute and terrifying at the same time?

 "What are you talking about?"

Her eyes flashed with, if possible, more anger. "Don't play dumb, you know damn well what i'm talking about."

I sighed "Ari, this car is much better. The other one was a ticking time bomb, really unsutable for any one much less my mate."

"That was not your decision to make! If you had a problem with it you should have spoken to me rationally. Not just switch the cars, did you honestly think I would just be okay with this?"

"What do you mean not my decision? Your my mate.."

"I may be your mate but you do not own me. My decisions are my own, if you want to disagree and talk about them, fine! But do not for one second think I'm going to spend my life watching as you dictate my every decision."

If there was any doubt of her alpha blood before, her words had certainly proved other wise.

"Theres nothing we can do about it now. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken your car. I wont make such rash decisions again."