Chapter Fifteen

Aribella's POV:

It hadn't even been a full day since Vince had left and I already missed him like crazy. Even though he called and texted me constantly I missed seeing him.

I had been sulking all day and it had not gone unnoticed by Joe "You miss him huh?"

"I don't know what your talking about."

He laughed "You look like someone kicked a puppy."

"I'll be okay"

"Well, when your finished stick around, I promised Vince I would drive you home while hes gone."

I suppressed a groan "Fine"

"No kicking and screaming? Have I ever told you I like this boy?"

I laughed "I know, now I've got to get back to work before my boss catches me slacking off"

A few hours later I was finally finished with work and riding in Joe's car, I couldn't wait to be home. About half way through my shift I began to feel miserable.

 After thanking Joe I walked into my apartment and immediately crashed on the couch right as my phone started to ring.

I quickly answered it already knowing who would be at the other end "Hello?"

"Hey Sweetie, how was work."

"It was the usual, you know this really hot guy came in swept me off my feet. We're planning on running away to Mexico."

He laughed "Sounds like quite an exciting day. I hope you have brushed up on your Spanish."

"Si, so how was your day?"

"It was miserable, I was missing Joe all day."

"I'll be sure to let him know, i'm sure he feels the same."

"I really miss you Ari, I wish I was there."

"I miss you too."

"You sound like somethings wrong. Are you okay?" His voice full of concern

"I'm fine, just really tired" I quickly lied hoping he would buy it. Despite the fact that I was a horrible liar.

"Ok well I'll let you sleep, Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

Vince's POV:

I hung up and couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. It was probably just me worrying, something I had been doing constantly since leaving her apartment.

Luckily we had negotiated with this pack quickly and we were working the last finishing touches. Hopefully, that would mean going home early.

 I honestly didn't know how much longer I was going to last. I was already going crazy, constantly feeling the need to call or check on her.

I looked up as Jake entered the room

"Are you still pacing around? You just got off the phone with her." He said with a smirk

"Shut up, you wouldn't understand."

"Are you still mad about the Ari thing?"

Yes I thought "No, i'm not mad"

"Good, cause you seemed kind of irritated with me."

"Well, i'm not so good night" I tried to say as nicely as possible

The next day I found myself insane with worry. I had been trying to call Ari all day with no luck. Trying to convince myself she left her phone at work, I walked into another pack meeting.

I was trying to look attentive, nodding at the right times with the occasional yes or no. But all I could think about was my mate.

I needed a break, walking into the hall I felt my phone vibrate. I quickly answered "Hello?"

"Hey Vince, this is Joe. Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you had heard from Ari. She didn't show up for work today and that's just not like her."

"No,I was getting worried. Something must be wrong, I'm on my way."Hanging up I was silently thanking Nick for suggesting I give Joe my number before I left.

Without even a second thought I left. I would explain to the packs Alpha later. 

 All I could think about was how I should have left yesterday, I knew last night there was something wrong.