18*Like A Gay Wedding*

After getting out of the car, I can't help the smile that takes over my face. I keep replaying the mini-scene over and over again in my head.

At first I was skeptical because I didn't want to just jump into anything without thinking it over. I don't want to move in with him too soon. That's never a good thing. And what happens when I leave for college? Won't that be harder to leave?

Evan's argument was better suited than mine, either way.

~~~

Leaning forward a little bit, Evan pulls the credit card from his back pocket. He examines it for a little while and slaps it against him hand. My man looks back into my eyes with his devious grin and holds up the shining plastic, "Punk, will you move in with me?"

I hesitate before answering, "I don't know. What if-"

"No 'what if's' about it. I'm making you choose right now, would you rather live with me or here?" he gestures toward my house while raising an eyebrow playfully.

I give him a smirk, "I think you already know the answer to that."

"Well then, move in with me," he sets the card in the cup holder and takes my hands in his. Looking straight into my eyes, he reasons, "My dad's making me take this money. I say just to spite them, we get a place together. Not only will it piss them off, but it will make me the happiest person alive. Stop over thinking everything. Move in with me!"

"What about when I leave for college?" I whine and jut out my lip.

"You'll have a home to come back to," he gives me the most genuine smile I've ever seen.

My pout rose to a grin faster than a drunk girl falls in stilettos.

~~~

After he said that, I knew what my answer would be. I knew the minute he asked me what my answer would be, but it's always a good idea to weigh your options.

I walk into my family's house, hand in hand with boyfriend, both of our faces showing complete and utter joy.

Closing the front door behind me, I venture to the kitchen as Evan puts his bag in my room.

"Hey sweetie," my mom sees me enter the room. Walking over to me, she plants a kiss on my cheek before asking, "How was school?" There's a sly smirk playing at her lips, trying to conceal elation.

"I think you know the answer to that question already," I smile knowingly at her and raise a brow.

"You caught me," she chuckles holding up her hands in surrender. "Where is that wonderful boyfriend of yours?"

"Who said I took him back?" I challenge.

Rolling her eyes, she puts her hands to her hips, "For one, you're smiling like a lunatic. For two," she points to my face, "your lips are swollen and I know it wasn't Lynnie that made them that way. And three, I saw the two of you pull up and walk in."

"In that case," I laugh, "he went to drop his bag off in my room. He's gonna stay a couple days. Is that ok?"

Her smile instantly dropped along with her hands, "His parents didn't take it well then?"

"You could say that," my boyfriend answers, joining us.

Her frown increases as she walks up and closes her arms around my man, "You can stay here as long as you need to, honey."

"It'll only be a couple days," he assures her, returning the hug. "My dad gave me a bank card with a lot of money on it. Once I find an apartment," he unhooks their bodies and takes a step toward me. Wrapping his arm around my waist, he continues, "I won't be here anymore."