Chapter 1: Her.

[Note from ME! [: - The picture to the right is supposed to be Vinnie. I drew it myself in Paint, so it's not the best, but at least you guys get the idea. The series is based on the old "X-Men Evolution" Marvel series that ran during 2000-2003. I've been obsessed ever since. I began writing this story on May 30, 2012 after a tragedy happened in my life. This story as well as writing in general is a huge part of my life... and it's literally helped me more than anyone could imagine. I hope to bring you all joy and happiness through my works, and I hope to inspire others in some sort of way, whether it be writing or something else. I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't have people supporting my dreams. I hope you guys enjoy this story as well as my others! Please let me know in the comments if you have any comments or questions. I'll answer as soon as I can! Thank you again for reading! AND ONE MORE THING... I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, however as of May 30, 2012, all fictional content in THIS fan fiction story, X-Men: Revolution(©) belong to ME and are MY original ideas, as well as the creation of the character Vinnie Wynters(©). All rights reserved to me, VinnieDeJesu or Gabrielle Vinnie DeJesu. Thanks! -Vin]

The big hand on the clock seemed to tick at an abnormally slow pace. Students became restless and agitated at the thought of ten more minutes of class remaining. It was the last day of school for the spring semester, and like the rest of the students, Vinnie wanted nothing more than to be at the beach in the new purple bikini she bought just the other day. With her elbow propped up on the desk, she placed her chin in the palm of her hand as she glued her eyes to the clock. The countdown began.

"I can't believe our Professor is taking up the entire hour and a half of this class on the last day of school. Teachers must seriously hate students." Vinnie thought to herself. She managed to pry her eyes from the clock. She looked down at her notebook. Doodles covered the entire front page - hearts, flowers, names of friends as well as her own, boys she liked, cats, music lyrics - practically anything imaginable was scribbled onto her notebook cover. She found a tiny empty space in the corner, and doodled a smiley face with its tongue sticking out. Next to it in funky lettering, she wrote, "LAST DAY of the SPRING SEMESTER!" She smiled at her own artwork, and glanced back up at the clock. Only four more minutes remained, and she would then be set free... never having to enter that classroom again.

With her head still in her hand, she closed her eyes, and sighed heavily. She reached up with her free hand and brushed a loose piece of her short crimson hair behind her ear, but it was of no use. It was too short to stay latched behind her ear, and it fell back into her eye. She noticed when the light caught her red hair just right it almost looked purple. She huffed, blowing the hair to the side. She opened her eyes and looked back up at the clock. Two minutes.

She had not heard one word her Professor had said. In fact, she had not been listening since she entered the classroom. Up until the last ten minutes of class, she had pretended to take notes by doodling all over her notebook cover.

"I honestly don't even know what the Professor could possibly be talking about. It's the last day of school. What is so important?!" Vinnie's thoughts ran wild as she rolled her eyes to herself. She closed her eyes again - imagining she was lying on a beach towel, soaking up the sun's rays and listening to the waves crash along the shore. She could hear children laughing as they built sandcastles and chased each other into the water. Some children ran from the waves as they washed up on shore, and some children were throwing sand at others. Dogs were running freely in the sand - catching balls and frisbees and returning them to the owners.

Vinnie smiled to herself as her imagination took over.

"Ms. Wynters?"

Vinnie's eyes shot open. The classroom was empty, and her Professor was standing in front of her.