Chapter 25: Broken.

Coming back from the camping trip was a bit of a relief. Though everyone had fun, they all missed home. No one missed the chores and the Danger Room sessions, but it was nice to be back in the comfort of the mansion.

Everyone scattered to their rooms to unpack their things and to turn in for the rest of the evening. The usual five hour trip from the campsite turned into seven hours because of the terrible traffic they hit along the way. Because the students were extra exhausted, Logan was kind enough to push tomorrow's morning Danger Room session to the evening so the students could sleep in if they wanted to. After the dramatic weekend they all had, they certainly deserved it.

Vinnie hauled all of her things to her room by herself and threw them into the corner to deal with at another time. She dragged herself over to her bed and weightlessly fell onto the mattress. She curled up her arms underneath of her head comfortably and closed her eyes. She was looking forward to a nice nap before dinner.

A faint knock on her door broke the silence around her, and she sat up to look behind her at the door. She sighed heavily and climbed off the bed and traipsed lazily over to the bedroom door. She reached for the knob, turned it slightly, and swung it open. Her heart skipped a beat at the face on the other side even after what had happened with them previously in the day, but she refused to show the very slight happiness she felt at the sight of the person standing before her.

"Hey, uh, I'm coming in."

Unable to even respond quickly enough, Vinnie stepped aside as Pietro basically pushed passed her to enter her room. His actions made her frown slightly as she closed the door. "Sure, you can come in." Vinnie mumbled sarcastically to herself as she crossed the room over to him. He was always so demanding... so forceful; qualities that peeved her just a little.

Pietro was standing in front of her balcony doors looking out at the property while his arms crossed themselves over his chest. "So, Vin." He sighed.

"Yes?" Vinnie muttered, standing behind him. She began to think that maybe he was going to apologize for everything that had happened between the two of them back at the campsite.

"Seems like Magneto decided not to pursue you after all." He began. He turned around to face her at this point.

Vinnie looked up at him with a furrowed eyebrow. "So?"

"So, I was thinking that Toad and Blob are probably wondering where I am. Wanda especially. Lance knows where I am of course, but I don't want the others to burn down the place without me being there for too long." Pietro shrugged.

Vinnie's face fell. Guess he was not apologizing after all. "Sooo..." She cooed. "You're leaving?"

"I mean, it doesn't look like you're going to need much protection while staying here. The X-men seem to have things under control, and I doubt anything is going to happen. I know my father. He likes getting other people to do his dirty work for him anyways. Trust me... I know firsthand." Pietro explained. He sighed heavily and put a hand on Vinnie's shoulder. "Sorry, princess. I just gotta' go. If Toad and Blob weren't so idiotic, I wouldn't have to worry about it. But, you know how things are. But look at the bright side... no more tension between us or the X-freaks, and you can have your precious little alone time with Daniels." Pietro's hand tensed slightly around her shoulder, and there was a venomous sting in his tone. He was obviously still bitter about the close relationship she and Evan had. "It's just best for everyone if I get the heck out of here for a while." He muttered.

"Wait, the way you're saying all of this sounds like..." Vinnie paused and jerked her shoulder back to remove Pietro's hand. She glared up at him with a hard, yet slightly shocked and concerned expression. Things seemed to be taking a turn for the worst. "Are you breaking up with me?" She hissed. She could feel a lump rising up in her throat like she was about to burst out in tears.