Chapter 10: Official.

Vinnie awoke suddenly in the dead of night. She sat straight up and glanced at the clock. It was almost five in the morning. She reached up and touched the bandage around her head. It was soaked in blood. She made a disgusted face and unraveled it from her head. Vinnie took a quick look at it before tossing it on the floor. She touched the wound on her head with her fingers, blood spotting on her fingertips.

            “Ugh!” She grumbled, climbing lazily out of bed. She figured she had been rolling around too much in her sleep and caused irritation to her wound.

Vinnie fumbled through some of the dresser drawers to find another bandage. When she was successful, she wrapped it around her head as best as she could. It was sloppy, but it would do until the morning. She climbed back into back and lied down comfortably. She closed her eyes, letting out a relaxed sigh.

About a minute went by when suddenly she heard her balcony doors creak open. Vinnie’s eyes shot open, but she did not move. Without moving her head, she shifted her eyes to try to see if she could see anyone or anything on her balcony. She swallowed hard, and mustered up the courage to sit up in bed.

She very slowly swung her legs over the bed and planted her feet firmly on the floor. The floor beneath her made a noise that made her jump. She stood up, and walked cautiously over to the balcony glass doors. She did not see anyone, but this did not make her feel any better. “Maybe the wind?” She thought to herself.

She shook her head and closed the doors tightly, locking them. Vinnie turned and ran back to her bed as if something were chasing behind her in the darkness. She jumped into the bed and pulled the covers over her head.

                                                             XXXXX

8:00 A.M. came very fast. There was a loud bang on Vinnie’s door that startled her.

            “Vinnie! Get up and get to the Danger Room!”

Vinnie heard Logan screaming from the other side. She grumbled to herself as she rolled out of bed and got dressed in her black spandex leggings and a tight black long sleeved shirt. She slipped on some black tennis shoes, combed through her hair once, and headed sleepily out of her room with her eyes barely open. When she closed the bedroom door behind her, she saw Evan walking down the hallway. Her eyes shot open, and she turned and hurried down the hall to the staircase so she would not have to talk to him.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she saw Kitty, Kurt, and Rogue in the lobby.

            “Well look who it is.” Rogue said sarcastically with a wicked smile on her face. She folded her arms over her chest, and shifted the majority of her weight to one leg. She and the others were dressed in their X-men outfits like usual when they had Danger Room sessions.

Vinnie ignored Rogue, and walked right passed them.

            “Vinnie, wait!” Kitty shouted, hurrying after her.

            “I don’t want to be late, Kitty.” Vinnie growled as she continued to walk.

            “I know you’re mad, but we had to tell, ya’ know? We can’t risk you guys getting hurt again!” Kitty tried to explain.

Vinnie jumped when Kurt teleported right in front of her. “Yeah! We didn’t mean for you and Evan to get in trouble, but we also don’t want you killed!” He agreed with Kitty.

Vinnie pushed passed him and continued walking. “Seriously guys… thanks, but no thanks.” She mumbled before entering the hallway that led to the Danger Room.