Chapter 27: Avenged.

It was such a gloomy, lonely, and dreary day. Summer came and went rather quickly, which meant everyone besides the instructors and Vinnie were back in school like normal. Vinnie had been sitting out on the railing of her balcony all morning long, just watching. She was soaking wet from the drizzling rain that had not stopped since it started before the sun came up. She had been alone in her room all morning, and she had not seen anyone else since the other day. She even skipped the daily Danger Room session that they normally had before the others went to school. Even though it had been a little over two weeks, things were just too tough for her right now, and she could not muster up the strength to deal with anyone.

The mansion’s front property was glistening from the rain that was collected on top of the grass and the sidewalks. It was actually kind of pretty, but it was also relaxing. It was overall quiet, aside from the light sprinkle of rain that could faintly be heard. But Vinnie was too distracted. There were so many things running through her mind. She could hardly think clearly.

Vinnie wondered what was going to happen to Magneto and his Acolytes. Surely her last encounter with them was not going to be her last. Her escape – or rather her rescue – was too easy, and Magneto was going to bite back somehow.

Then she began to think about her newly developed powers. They were too strong for her, and they controlled her mind as if they were a totally separate entity. The power she was able to possess actually frightened her, and she began to imagine what she would be able to do if she tapped into one hundred percent control of them. Things were getting much harder, and she was finding normal daily routines to be more difficult. Her powers acted up without her control, and it seemed the little control that she was able to learn weeks ago meant nothing anymore. It was even affecting her sleep. There were too many accidents of her almost setting her room on fire, so she stayed up most hours of the night. Her powers were even causing her to have severe anger issues. She was finding herself getting irate over things that really did not matter. It was just easier for her to stay by herself. Was she really the strongest mutant to ever live? It seemed so impossible, and thinking about it made her even more worried. There was no way she would be able to live with such a title… such responsibility. It was too much, and she almost did not want it anymore. She wanted her normal pyrotechnic and pyrokinetic powers back.

But then her mind wandered to Pietro. She wondered where he was and what he was up to. His entire breakup charade still hurt, even if he did not mean it. She had not spoken to him since that incident, and seeing him two weeks ago just made things worse. Kitty and Bobby had reported to her about him coming to the mansion to talk to her, but they refused to let him in. Although, she wondered why he did not just break in through her balcony. But she did not care. She wanted nothing to do with him. Pietro majorly broke her trust, and she doubted she would heal anytime soon. It was probably better that the Professor saw his true intentions when he read his mind because if Pietro were to tell her the truth personally, she probably would not believe him. But even though she was well aware of the truth, she still could not muster up the strength to deal with him. The things he said to her would probably haunt her for the rest of eternity, and each time his voice rang out inside of her mind, it was like a knife cutting out a bigger piece of her heart. His words were something he would never be able to take back.

All of her thoughts came to a halt when there was a knock at her door. Vinnie whipped her head around to look at her closed bedroom door. She sighed heavily to herself and reluctantly hopped down from the balcony. Sullenly, she made her way over to the door. Before opening the door, she looked down at herself, making sure she was actually wearing decent clothing. Her lonely and quiet days spent in the mansion usually meant she was cooped up in her room wearing nothing but a tank top and boy shorts.