Chapter 6: Him.

8:00 A.M. came very fast. Too fast. Vinnie rolled out of bed, half asleep. She had been up all night playing games with the other students, and it was well after 2:00 A.M. before she and the others finally made it to their rooms. The only reason why everyone went to sleep in the first place was because Jean and Scott completely busted them and told them to wrap it up.

She fumbled around in her dressers for something to wear to her first day attending Long Island University. She finally picked out plain black skinny jeans with a black studded belt and a flowy purple shirt with baggy sleeves that fell off of her shoulders. She exchanged out her nose ring and replaced it with a purple stud instead of her normal diamond, and then lastly she slipped on a pair of black flats with a bow on the front where her toes were. She brushed through her crazy hair a few times, and ran her hands upward through the back of her hair to spike it up.

Vinnie trotted back over to her bed and grabbed her makeup bag. She dumped its contents on the sheets, getting ready for her face transformation.

            “Vinnie!”

Vinnie jumped, seeing Kitty standing next to her. “Don’t do that!” Vinnie huffed.

Kitty laughed. “Sorry.”

            “What do you want?” Vinnie mumbled.

            “I was just wondering if you want to carpool with me, Kurt, and Rogue?” Kitty asked.

Vinnie bellowed out a laugh. “Rogue? Yeah, no thanks.” She mumbled, beginning to apply eye shadow. “I’ll drive myself. Scott and Remy went and got the remainder of my things last night, including my car.” She explained. “But thanks anyways!”

            “Do you even, like, know where to go?” Kitty giggled.

            “Oh, Evan’s riding with me. I’m not worried.” Vinnie replied.

            “Oh, okay! Well, see you there!” Kitty waved, disappearing into the floor.

Vinnie watched, shaking her head. “I’m going to call her Ghost Girl from now on.” She said to herself, continuing her makeup appliance. She looked over at the clock. She had to be out of there in the next half hour.

                                                                   XXXXX

            “I can’t believe we’re going to be late for the first day of classes!” Evan laughed out loud. “Why do girls take so long to do their makeup, man? I mean, you look fine without it!” He pressed.

Vinnie made a sharp turn into the closest parking space she could find on campus. “It makes me feel better. Whether it makes me look better or not, psychologically, it makes me feel better.” Vinnie grumbled in reply as she put the car in park. “Let’s go!” She grabbed her school books and practically threw herself out of the car.