Chapter 6/Destiny Rising

A/N picture - Natalya Rudakova in case your wondering. 

A/N this is a one off early chapter  to celebrate our entry into the to 20 of the Humor charts of Cyborg's Pet ( aka Robocalypse  ) 

Shelter 93 Ring 12/island 7/

316 days before the singularity

We approached the house. At the bottom of the steps The door was locked so I put on hand on my neck's permission-to-speak button. The new collar felt more comfortable, the button movement smaller, more elegant.

"Open the dwelling door please" I said to the collar, and I heard the lock click open. Mom locked it some times when she left.

"Is mom around?" I shouted as we walked in, down the staircase. I was a little later, Hunter had calmed down and let me take him home. I had 'accidentally' dropped the old collar in my school bag in some weeds at a tree near the house entrance. Hunter was silent. Downstairs the seas outside the window seemed quite calm.

"No, your safe" said dad with out even looking up "How was your first day of school Hunter?" he added

"Fine Bumblebee, Oprah loves penguins." said Hunter. It was the first thing he had said since my accusation which I noticed he hadn't denied.

"Oprah loves..." Dad started, looking up.

"'PARC!" he said realising what I had around my neck. Our collars stopped us from swearing - the robots didn't like as having emotions and showing them. So the slaves had developed new words that weren't forbidden. PARC stood for Pal Alto Research Centre where some of the machines were invented. At school someone had told little Jenny it was an old swear word backwards and she had believed him.

Dad stood up. "PARC! Oh PARC! What have you done! PARC! PARC! ". He shouted," Laura"

Laura was my stepsisters originally from Ohio and defrosted four years ago came rushed into the living room.

"Laura, quick run to your mother, I think she was on the third leg looking for driftwood. Get her to come back tell her 'destiny rising' remember 'destiny rising'. If I'm not here tell her I will meet her at the collar station in town, now run!" said Dad.

"Yes Dad" said Laura.

Laura rushed off running up the steps so quick it was like someone playing a roll on a drum.

"Turin's tits girl what have to done!" said Dad. I don't think I've ever seen and that mad.

"I just put my collar on" I said. 
"We have got to get it off you Kcuff-ing now. Where is your old one ?" said Dad pushing me up the staircase.

I grab my neck and stuck to my plan.

"I lost it" I said. I had been expecting this from mum but not him.

"You let her do this?" said Dad to Hunter I had hardly ever seen dad this angry.

"Darkness" said Hunter.

Just then Little Jenny came down the steps and outside followed by Xalishia, Laura and mum carrying some drift wood. Mom just dropped the wood bundle to the floor when she saw me.

"Oh my PARC!" Said mom in shock while that would clatter to the floor.

"She recollared - her self" explained up Dad desperately.

"She's too young she hasn't shown any real signs." Mom started "She won't be ready for it, she might..."

"If we swap back quickly perhaps they might not picked it up" cut in dad.