Chapter 11/Hotel of the dammed

We had a few days off over easter and had some time to put some more chapters out ahead of schedule. We thought we would release this early as we have some exciting chapters coming up and we are really excited to get to them quickly.  Also you might have noticed we have a couple of New books The Maritan Girl and SkypeGirl: Murder in the ashes of New York. Check them out and let us know what you would like next ( we spend ages thinking about books before writing them)

Shores of Region  609  Area formally known as Cape May New Jersey.

We walked up the beach to the hotel and chatted as we went.

"Room service ? Your a biscuit slave who grew up on an island of lemon banana dogs." said Hunter " How do you know about these things?"

"I'm a slave who grew up with about twelve step sisters who were all frozen before the rise of the robots." I told him "I know stuff."

"OK" started Hunter. "Five Seconds of Summer or One Direction?"

"Easy the Back Veil Brides" I said smirking.

"Biscuit" said Hunter.

"Is that good Biscuit or bad Biscuit?" I said as we walked up the beach to the hotel.

"My space or tumblr?" tried Hunter. 
"Tumblr duh" I said as we walked up to the hotel.

"Have you ever seen a mobile phone? biscuit" he added.

"Never" I said.

I mean we could send texts on our collars. Mom would text us when dinner was ready if we were playing in the forest but a phone no.

We got on to a path leading to the hotel. It looked abandoned.

"This seems like a dumb move. biscuit. biscuit. I mean walking into a hotel why don't we phone the robots up and tell them where we are? " said Hunter.

"Well our collars batteries are getting low on power." I told him "If Jenny and I don't recharge we both get a lethal injection when the collar battery level hits 1%. If we pretend you are a collab we should be fine. The hate being tracked by machines."

"Oh that's such good news. Look we will get the collar off you as soon as I can find a tool biscuit" Hunter said stopping.

"No way." I whispered to Hunter so Jenny couldn't hear "autumn last year Max, a defrost, went into the forest with Dan and Ricky. He had a type 20 collar on, that's a kids collar right? Any way Mrs Meridith from next door said it took them a month of find Max's head. Dan lost an arm and a hand. Ricky always said they weren't but it was clear they were kerjing around with Max's collar. I didn't even touch my permission-to-speak button for a month after that. Survival tip number one never kid around with your collar."

Hunter looked at me "but the collar machine biscuit you said girls do it all the time, darkness"

"I lied! The collar machine is designed to disable the elaborate counter measures, even then I was petrified" I said.

"That would explain your squeezing my hand like a vice, darkness" Hunter whispered back.

"That would. I need to recharge. We don't have a choice in the issue. You don't have to come in" I said.

Hunter shrugged and we carried on. I had assumed the Actors had some plan, which had regular charging included. The machines really did have all the bases covered regarding the slave collars. Escape was impossible, yet here I was. I had started to tell my self I could always give my self in. OK it would mean big time in a Guantanamo punishment machine but I would be alive. Now I realised even though I would take the blame for little Jenny, the machines didn't do pity, if I gave up she would be hurt and it would be my fault. My conclusion was don't give up. We carried on into the shadow of the huge hotel building. The outside of the hotel was caressed by the wind of the sea. Some of the sea facing walls had been intricately carved by decades of sand. Above the door were the words 'Auto-hotel 55432' .We walked cautiously into the entrance space.