Ch XX: No Answer

I pulled into my driveway and parked my car. All the lights in the house were on and I saw my mom and step dad's silhouettes in one of the windows from behind a thin curtain. They were fighting. I saw my step dad clench his fists and my mom threw her arms up in the air and then brought them back down to her sides and put her hands on her hips. I opened the car door and got out and started to walk towards the front door. I could hear them screaming from outside. They were fighting about money or taxes or something like that. I don't understand why though. We are practically rolling in money. 

My step dad owns a successful chain of grocery stores around the United States and my mom is a spokesperson for some brand of makeup. Both of those jobs involve being on their cell phones constantly and never being home and travelling occasionally. So that basically means I never see them and they never see me. They have not only missed but FORGOTTEN about my birthday for the past six years. 

I walked inside and they were done fighting. My mom was sitting on the couch on her cellphone and my step dad was sitting at the dining room table typing on his laptop. "I'm home!" I announced. 

"Working!" My step dad called back and he didn't even turn away from his laptop. I looked at my mom and she just gave me a small nod and went back to talking on the phone.

I sighed and walked upstairs and into my room. I pulled out my biggest suitcase and laid it on my bed and opened my dresser drawers and started taking my clothes out, folding them neatly and placing them in the suitcase. After my drawers were mostly empty I packed stuff to shower with, my raspberry hair gel and I managed to fit a small blanket and a small throw pillow into the suitcase as well. I also grabbed a small safe and shoved it in.

I made my way back downstairs dragging the suitcase behind me. I got to the front door and looked at my parents again. Neither of them had even moved.

"I'm going to be living at Kurts place for a while." I waited. No answer. "I don't know when I'll be back so... goodbye for now." No answer. "I love you guys."

No answer.