Ch IV: Before I Could Say...

"Is it over yet?" Kurt spoke into my shoulder. His voice vibrated my shoulder when he spoke and sent shudders through my body.

"Is what over?" I asked gripping him tighter as if I didn't hold him close enough he would slip through my arms and disappear forever.

"Life. Is it over yet?"

"Why would you want life to be over? You have so much to offer the world.

"Yeah right." Kurt denied.

"You do!" I admitted trying to convince him. "You inspiring, an amazing singer, an outstanding actor, you have a fashion sense that's to die for and I haven't seen a meal you can't cook."

"Well I haven't been cooking a lot lately." He said pulling his face away from my shoulder and looking me in the eye.

"What do you mean?" I could tell as soon as I asked that he regretted bringing it up.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Kurt." I said trying to get an answer out of him.

"Fine." He said giving in. "I haven't really cooked or done anything around the house for about a week. I haven't really eaten either."

"What?! Why not?" I was astonished and immediately concerned.

"Because there is some stuff my dad had cooking on the stove top before he died and I just didn't have the heart to clean it.

"Really? Kurt you should have told me. I would have come over and helped you."

"Thanks but I'll take care of it eventually." He broke free of my grasp and started heading towards the kitchen. I followed him and grabbed him by the shoulders. I turned him around and started walking him back towards the couch.

"No you need to rest. just sleep. I'll take care of it."

"But Blaine-"

"No. Don't talk. Just rest." I layed him down on the sofa and covered him with a blanket. "Now get some rest." I said my voice toning down. I brushed a few stray strands of hair out of his face and he slowly closed his eyes in comfort. I smiled and whispered. "'ll take care of you."

And before I could say anything else Kurt drifted off into sleep.