Unexpected Realizations

Chapter 16

(Unexpected Realizations)

It was late as Jareth sat in a window looking out over his kingdom. It had been only three days since he’d seen Sarah but it felt like an eternity. He longed to see the dark haired girl. This was proving to be the longest week of his immortal existence.

“This is entirely your fault!”

Jareth turned to see his half brother looking less than pleased. It was then he noticed his skin looked…odd. “Pray tell what happened?” He asked. “Are you sick?”

“Sick? Am I sick He asks?!”

“Your skin looks…”

“It was bright blue!” The prince said angrily.

Jareth’s eyes widened as amusement began to sparkle in them. “A spell gone wrong?”

“A spell?! A spell?! No. No spell dear brother. Ari!”

“Arianna? Wait are you saying …”

“Yes Ari and your Sarah went on a prank spree and I ended up blue with white hair. Oh and father he ended up with Pink hair!”

Unable to stop himself the Goblin King smirked before starting to snicker and finally laugh.

“It’s not funny!” Amador snapped. “You don’t know what that girl is capable of!”

“You seem to have forgotten I have been looking over them for a time. I assure you I am quite aware of what Soren’s daughter is capable of. Not to mention what she can talk everyone else into.” Jareth assured the distraught man. “I’m somewhat surprised it wasn’t worse.”

“It was,” The dark haired man informed him. “She and her little band locked our guards in a room in a taffy mess and taped their mouths shut with help from your little minions! Then they let chickens loose in the halls. We had chocolate poured on us; they greased the throne room with cooking oil. Oh and rigged water balloons to hit anyone that entered from the glass doors. Two of which hit my mother!”

“Has Soren been notified his daughter is in the dungeon yet? I assume Sarah is as well?”

“Dungeon?” Jareth raised an eyebrow as his brother let out a frustrated growl. “Oh no she’s not in the Dungeon. NO my mother thanked her for the entertainment!”

Jareth looked at him cocking his head and sighed. “What happened to them? I know your father didn’t let your mother kill them.”

“I’m serious Jareth. My mother adores Ari, Sarah and their human minions!” The High Prince pouted.

Jareth Blinked. Queen Dahlia wasn’t angry, and liked Ari? The woman had threatened to personally take a whip to both him and Amador as children for a few of their pranks, and theirs were far less messy than what Amador had just described.

“You’re serious,” The Goblin King said baffled.

“After she dismissed Ari and her friends to get some rest she had the audacity to tell us to lighten up; she said we needed to look at it from Ari’s point of view.” The prince pouted and sat down on the other side of the window. “I don’t care how pretty the girl is how is it no one can see how much trouble she causes?!”

Jareth raised an eyebrow at his brother. Amador usually didn’t notice beauty in a woman unless she was dolled up and impossible to miss. He knew for a fact the tomboy hadn’t been dressing up.

“You think she’s pretty?” The Goblin King said carefully.

“I realize your heart belongs to Sarah but surely even you can plainly see how beautiful she is,” Amador replied sounding almost annoyed. “Even in those ridiculous basketball outfits she’s…beautiful.”