Needing Permission

Chapter 23

(Needing Permission)

Amador was all smiles as he walked toward the dining room for breakfast. Last night might not have been perfect but it had definitely ended perfect. He could still feel the feel of Ari’s lips on his and it left him yearning for more.

“You seem to be in a rather good mood this morning,” Jareth commented seeing his brother as he made his own way toward the dining room.

“Everything is perfect,” The High Prince said before he thought. Jareth raised his eyebrow at the dark haired fae. “I thought things went well at the ball,” He said quickly trying to cover himself.

“What happened?” Jareth asked reaching out and stopping his brother from walking. When Amador immediately looked guilty before instantly taking on a dismissive expression the Goblin King knew something was up. “Did something happen between you and Soren’s daughter?”

Amador was smiling before he realized. He instantly tried to cover himself but an amused look revealed he was too late. “I kissed her after the ball,” He hesitantly admitted. “Ari’s agreed to let me court her,” He added a moment later sounding rather proud.

“I see. Well before you get too pleased you might want to remember you still need Soren’s permission to court her; at least formally,” Jareth reminded him.

“That won’t be…”

“He knows your record with women Amador and he might decide to protect his little girl from you. Certainly from your record,” Jareth warned. “Even you have to admit you have enjoyed rejecting girls after you’re done with them in very public displays.”

“Ari’s different!” Amador insisted. “She’s….I need her Jareth. I know I can have with her what you have with Sarah. I’ve never wanted to level so many fae men in my life just for dancing with Ari!” He said as anger surged through him at the thought of all the men she’d danced with last night. “I don’t want anyone’s arms around her but mine!” Exasperated he walked over to a nearby window and looked out at the gardens.

“Basketball outfits and all?” Jareth questioned watching his brother’s movements. “Ari was dressed as a princess last night Amador. I wouldn’t expect to see her always dressed up to her station. She…”

“I don’t care if she never wears a dress again but our wedding day!” The High Prince announced. “I don’t care if she holds court in her men’s clothes as long as she’s mine,” he said still looking out the window. Slowly he turned around to see an amused and even triumphant looking Goblin King.

“What?” Amador asked.

“Do you even realize what you just said?” Jareth asked.

“What that I don’t care if she doesn’t wear a dress again but…” Amador fell silent for a moment as realization of what he said dawned on her. A smile slowly crossed his face as he realized Ari really was everything he wanted. “I love her. I want Ari as my queen.”

“Then I suggest you speak with Soren quickly. Arianna attracted a lot of attention last night.” Both men turned and were caught off guard to see their father standing there with a very delighted Queen Dahlia.

“Finally!” The queen squealed excited before rushing over and embracing her son. It was not the most proper thing for her to have done but she didn’t care. Her son had finally found a woman that had captured his heart.

“Mother!” Amador said prying the woman’s arms off him finally.

“I’m sorry Amador but it’s taken you forever to find the right woman,” Queen Dahlia said.