Chapter 1

Chapter 1;

Have you ever had that feeling, that there's no one left? Right here, right now. Katelyn Ross, the emo girl, the sad one, the artist, the student, but most of all. The outcast. I had a friend once, his name was Cam Fields. Notice I said once, because this boy was murdered, in my own home. It haunts me everyday... I'm now alone, no one is there. Not even my parents are there, we ended up moving out...

It had been a month since I lost the only piece of happiness in my life. Cam had been this bright teenager, 15 and murdered. I miss him, I actually loved him... No one will ever make me feel the same way he did. He was an angel, his hair was a soft jet black, bright, sparkling green eyes, and his soft smile... Oh his smile...

Sadness and loneliness is all I felt now... Trapped in a world where no one understands... You're probably wondering why I'm writing this. Well I'm telling you MY story, my side.  So lets begin at the night it all happened....

"Cam, don't eat my cake!" I would yell and running down the stairs after him. "But Kaaaaaattt!" he said. He stopped at the bottom step and turned around, with big green eyes wide, his bottom lip poked out a little. His puppy dog face, "No not this time!" I would smile and try and get past him to my cake on the counter. He grabbed my shoulders, forcing me to stare at his face. His bottom lip began to quiver, "ALRIGHTY FINE!" I yelled and threw my hands in the air. He smiled smugly, "Oh don't act all smug." I'd laugh and push him away. But he pulled me into his chest for a big hug, Cam was about 5 inches taller then I was, he leaned his head down and whispered into my ear. "We can share it." he said. I nodded taking in his sent, he smelt like roses. We pulled apart and walked to the counter, I sat on a stool, smiling like an idiot. Cam got two forks and put the cake in between the both of us. "You get that half I get this one." he said with a cheeky smile, of course his piece was bigger. Rolling my eyes, I said, "Fine."

We gobbled down the cake and laid on the couch watching SpongeBob, like always. I was staring at him, he had a black t shirt on with blue skinny jeans. DAMN, was he gorgeous. I was only staring at the bruises on his biceps, the cuts on his forearm. I wanted to see his back again, his father was so harsh to him... I didn't get it! He was such an innocent teenager, yet he got beat at home and bullied in the halls at school. I mean, I get bullied, but its not as bad as poor Cams. I looked at my own forearms, cuts went all the up. I ran my thumb over them, but I looked back at Cam. He was totally focused on the TV, he didn't even notice when I went to sit next to him. When I put my fingers on his arm he turned his head, "Your thinking about it again huh." he said softly, not moving away from my gentle touch. I nodded sullenly, "I don't get it." I whispered, he looked down at me. I looked up a little, staring into her eyes. I could see the pain, he was in so much pain... "Sometimes... I wish I could just end it all.." he whispered looking away, his thumb glided over his scars. "But... You wont... Will you..?" I was on the verge of tears, he couldn't just LEAVE ME. "Of course not. I would never leave you, Kat." He said staring into my eyes now. I wrapped my arms around his waist, his arm wrapped around me and pulled me closer. "I will never leave you Kat, only if someone takes me away that's a different situation.." he whispered into the top of my head. I closed my eyes and held him close, "No one will take you away from me, not if I have anything to do with it." I said into his side.

The light streamed into my bedroom, bedroom? When did I fall asleep? Where's Cam!? I sat up immediately. "Cam!?" I yelled. Thank god my parents weren't home, they were coming back today. I looked to my side, no Cam. "Cam!? Where are you!?" I screamed jumping out of bed and walking out into the hall. I was still wearing my favorite black ripped jeans, black lace shirt with a white tank under, and my beanie.. Wait my beanie wasn't on my head, I ran down the hall checking every room. I calmed myself, maybe he was just messing with me. He always did, "Caaaaaaamm, come out come out where ever you are." I said in a sing song tone. I walked down stairs, "CAM!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I reached the bottom and fell to my knees. There he lay... in the door way... I began sobbing and crawled closer to his motionless body, my hand fell into a sticky liquid I hadn't noticed before. Blood.... "CAAAM!" I wailed staring at my hand in disbelief. I searched franticly for a pulse, nothing... There was a puddle of blood at his side, there.. A knife was jammed into his side, who could've done this? Tears streamed down my cheeks, I sat back from his dead body. And sobbed, my only friend lay dead in front of me. I couldn't control myself, tears and more tears kept coming. Whenever I tried to stop crying, more tears fled down my cheeks. I went to the not bloody side and laid my head on his chest, were just yesterday I had given him our last hug...

I sobbed for about two hours, once I got a hold of myself, kind of, I went to the phone and called the police. "Hello this is the Novato Police Department how may I help you?" a women asked from the other line, I sniffed. "M-My best friend has been murdered." I began to cry again. "Oh goodness, don't cry. What's the address?" she asked sympathetically. I took a deep, quivering, breath, "246 Sunset R-Road." I stuttered on the last word. "Police and the fire department will be there in a few minutes." she said and hung up. Next I called my parents, "Hi sweet heart!" my mom said picking up the phone. I burst into more tears, "Kat what's wrong?" "I-Its Cam.." I sobbed. "What happen, baby doll?" she asked urgently. "M-Mom, he's dead. I-In the d-doorway." I sobbed. She was speechless, "Did you call the police?" "Y-Yes." I cried. "We're coming home now." she said and hung up. I broke down again, falling to the floor sobbing into my hand. The other one was coated with his blood, "Oh Cam.." I wailed. I crawled back to his body, his eyes were closed, it looked like he was peacefully sleeping.. I sat there in front of him, sobbing. "Cam, I-I love y-you." I blurted. He wouldn't hear me, I looked up at the ceiling. "I LOVE YOU CAM!" I screamed. More tears went down my cheeks, I heard a siren and opened the door. A police car and a fire truck stopped in front of my house, a policeman came running. "Oh my.." he said staring at him. He looked at me, I probably looked terrible. I burst into even more tears falling to the floor again, this was so hard... Someone I loved is laying dead in front of me, the man came and knelt down beside me. He wrapped his arms around me carefully, I took the hug and flung my arms around him sobbing into his shoulder. "Shh.. Don't cry, sweetie." he whispered. I continued sobbing... this was the worst day ever...

My parents came home once the body was removed, the police had stayed searching around for any clues of the murder. They ended up taking samples from the door nob, my mom saw me sitting on the step with a tissue box next to me. I had stopped crying, now I felt lost... She sat down and flung her arms around me, I cuddled into her warmth. She pet my hair, "Oh my poor baby..." she whispered. I had cried all my tears, so there were none left... One last one traveled down my cheek and onto my chin, my mother kissed it. I closed my eyes a leaned into her, she hugged me tighter. My dad was off at a distance, talking to one of the police men.

Forever now, all I will feel is sadness...

Sup, it's Whalie. So the girl in the picture is Katelyn.  And I really want this girls hair I'm sorry. but its true. I mean it just looks so soft...