Chapter 2

Chapter 2;

School.

Lord help me.

I wasn't sure how I was going to handle this day, I mean I couldn't just leave. I needed the education, but I really didn't want to be here. Too many memories, too many people. Where would I hide? Where would I cry? Get it together, Katelyn. You can do this, it's going to be ok. Cam is still with you, you've got this.

I adjusted the books in my arms, and closed the car door behind me. "Bye, sweet heart." my mother said behind me. I turned and watched her drive off, my heart began to beat hard against my ribs. Why the hell was I here? Ugh, whatever. I turned and slowly walked to my high school, it felt like everyone was staring at me. I kept my eyes down, no crying. I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder, I swung around terrified. One of the cheerleaders stood in front of me, great. She was pretty actually, long blonde hair that was curled. Kind blue eyes, and she wasn't coated in make up either. She smiled at me, I wasn't sure what to do. I hadn't smiled in a while, so I just stood there. She realized this, she patted my shoulder with the hand that was already there. "I'm sorry, for you know..." I could see in her eyes that she didn't want to say his name, thinking it might hurt me. I nodded and looked away, "Thank you." I mumbled. Then she did the weirdest thing. SHE HUGGED ME. I would've hugged her back, but my hands were kind of full. She fixed my beanie and patted my arm one last time, "Bye now." she said with a wave. "Wait!" I yelled franticly. She turned gracefully, "What's your name?" I asked. She smiled, "Skyler." she said with a smile. Skyler, Skyler, Skyler I repeated her name in my head. I nodded and walked off. This was starting better then expected...

Lunch. Wow. So many damn people, no where to sit. I had remember everyone who came up to me today and actually said something nice to me. Skyler, Kayla, Josh, Jake, and Rosa. Kayla had told me she was sorry for my loss and if I ever needed anything to find her. Josh gave me a hug, I had known him since 4th grade, but we were never really close. Jake attempted to make me laugh, which actually worked to my surprise. And Rosa walked with me to my 4th period, saying how she had always admired me and stuff. I wasn't sure why these people where being so nice to me all of a sudden, I mean why would they care if I was hurt? It didn't make sense, but I didn't question them. I had gotten my lunch and leaned by the wall searching for an empty table when I felt a body next to me, I looked over. Maggie. She was going to talk to ME? Maggie was kind of a popular, I mean she didn't hang out with a bunch of people she just knew everyone. She had short short blood red hair, and faint freckles. She was wearing the usual black beanie, a pled shirt over a black one, with jeans and converse. She had bracelets on as well, she looked over at me. God, she was so pretty. "Need somewhere to sit, love?" she asked with I smile. I was awestruck, she wanted to sit with me? I took the advantage of not being alone, "Sure." I said. She smiled and walked with a little hop in her stride, I walked after her. We sat down at a table with a few people, I had seen but didn't know. Maggie put her arm around my shoulder and started naming them, "Boys and Girls, this is Katelyn. She will be hanging out with us for now on. Katelyn, welcome to the group." she said looking down at me. I must be dreaming, this was NOT happening. I wonder what Cam is thinking right now, if he's proud of me. I hope he was, even though there was one boy at the table that look like a mini version of Cam. I would never replace him, I couldn't even. There was no one else like him. There was one boy though, he looked oddly familiar. He had light brown hair that was pretty long, his eyes where a dark brown. Compared to other boys at this school, he was very attractive. His name was Danny, the boy next to him that look kind of like Cam is Justin. Justin has black hair, brown eyes, and a brace face. He was a cutie, he smiled at me sweetly. There was a girl, she looked kind of like Skyler. Her hair was a dirty blonde, not as light as Skyler's. She was just as pretty though, her smile was a small one. Maggie told me her name was Wynter, and was shy with new people. But once I get to know her, I'm going to wish I never had. Maggie said this and winked at her. Wynter rolled her eyes. I got to know this little group, they were all nice people. Danny was hilarious. Wynter was quiet, but when she did speak it was a sassy comeback to Justin. Maggie was really nice, she took me in almost like family. Justin told me they were known as the misfits, then he hurried to make sure I wasn't offended. "Don't worry about that, Justin. I already have the title Outcast so." I said with a shrug. I didn't think anyone else was ever that nice to me, besides Cam... We would've loved this group...

"So, how was it?" My mother asked as I got into the car. "I made friends." I said looking at her. She raised her eyebrows, not in shock, but interest. "Congratulations, honey! What are their names?" she asked turning on the car and beginning to drive. "Maggie, she is the one who brought me to this sweet group of people. Wynter, she's the quiet one. Justin, the sweet one. And then Danny, he's hilarious." I said with a small giggle remembering some jokes he had told. My mother listened thoughtfully as I went through my adventures today. I told her about all the people who came up to me, and she seemed... proud. I was glad myself, I wasn't going to be alone...

I had been hanging out with The Misfits for about a week now, but this day was not a day for happiness. Cams funeral... I was prepared, well I thought I was. I was wearing his favorite color, red. No one understood why I had worn this dress. It was a dark red dress that hugged my waist and flowed out. Cam loved this dress, he would make me put it on so he could take pictures of me in it. He told me red was my color, and that was his favorite color. My mother was the only one who understood why this dress was so special to me. I had a little black purse to go with it, that was stuffed with tissues. Silence the hole car ride, I was fighting back tears and we weren't even there yet. We got there, and I saw Cams parents... His mother looked terrible, but his father didn't even looked like he cared... I wanted to take a rock and lodge it into his head, make him feel pain.

The ceremony felt like hours, until it was my time to say something I almost just broke down. I pulled myself together and said something, "Cam Fields. A student. A victim to bullying. And so many other things that I don't have time to name, but he was one thing. He was my best friend. W-When I saw him... on the floor.. I thought it was all over, that this was the end. T-That there was-s no one left..." I was crying now. I looked down at the shine box with his helpless body inside. Tears ran down my cheek, I forced myself not to fall and hug it. I stood up and looked out to the crowd, "He didn't deserve to be in so much pain. But I believe he is in a better place now, even t-though I miss-s him.. I can't-t not let h-him go. S-So for him, I-I will stay strong." I said my last words as loud as my voice would say them, but when I got into the car. I couldn't control it, I broke down. Sobbing into my hands... I was going to find the person who caused this..

It was my destiny now..

Mk, so. The picture of the boy is Cam. Well what he kind of looks like, you get the picture. xD