Chapter 3

Chapter 3;

I stood in front of my old house, no one dared to live there after the murderer. And I hadn't been back since, I walked up the pavement drive way slowly putting down each step. I felt a presence, I couldn't hear or see anyone, but I felt it. Maybe Cam's ghost still lived here? No, he should be watching over me. Right? Thoughts swam through my head, I didn't even notice I was at the door.

Staring at the door now, they had found finger prints on the door, but they didn't know who from. They took samples from his father, his mother, my mother, and me. Mine were no use, I looked down at the golden door nob. Not touched for a few weeks now. I wasn't sure how long it had been, but there I stood in front of the house I once called home.

Memories swam in front of me, all these memories had built up inside this house. I touched the nob with one finger, then two, then three, then grabbed it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, slowly turning the nob, I pushed the door open. It made a creaking noise, once opened I let go of the nob and stared inside. Looking down at the floor that had once held Cam's dead body, I took a step inside. Someone or something was definitely here, the floor creaked loudly when I stepped inside. My eyes darted from one place to another, I began to walk once inside. It was empty of course, the bare walls had holes in them, dust gathered over the counter where I had had my last piece of cake with Cam.

Everything I saw felt like yesterday, I stood where the couch had been. Where Cam had told me he would never leave me, I sat down on the floor. Looking down at my hands, I thought real hard on who would've done this... Kevin Smith, he hated Cam. But he was too innocent to actually kill someone, Kevin hated Cam because Kevin liked me. He had told me himself, but Cam told him to back off. At least that's what Kevin told me, but really I think he hated Cam because I liked Cam more then him. Jealous fucker.

Then there was Adam Jones. He was so abusive to Cam, but whenever I told him to stop you would. Everyone seemed to listen to me, maybe because I was a girl. I didn't know, but Adam sure was mean and a nasty person in all. Still too weak to kill someone, it had to be a man older. Maybe a teacher? No, they wouldn't kill a student. Would they? No. If caught they'd get fired. Who else? I remember Cam telling me how his uncle was a rapist, but he was in jail. Or was he let out? No, he wouldn't kill his own nephew. Plus he was a rapist, not a killer.

Who would kill Cam Fields? That question swam through my brain, in and out of memories of me watching him get beat up. Not being able to help much, I closed my eyes tighter. I felt a single tear fall down my cheek, something was here. I felt it now, it was really THERE. Like it was breathing on me, but I heard a faint whisper. Don't cry... Please don't cry... I was terrified, who was talking to me? I began to shake with fear, the urge to run burning in my veins. You should know, Kat. Who killed me.... You should know.... It's so obvious.. the voice whispered. Cam... He was a ghost, fucking loser scaring me. He was gone now, I didn't feel him anymore. I thought harder, it was obvious... My eyes jerked open, I knew who. I gasped, the man who hated Cam. The man who was so able to kill someone. The man who I had never really talked too, but I'd seen. "David Parker." I whispered.

I jumped up, and screamed out into the house. "THANK YOU CAM." I yelled. I sprinted out of the house back to my new home, once I got there I went straight to the computer. David Parker, I typed into the Google bar. It was going to be hard to find him, but I was going too.

I had been scrolling through Google and other sights when I heard a knock on the door, I looked up. "She's in her room." I heard my mother say. Foot steps came down the hall, I went back to my computer.

"Hey Kat!" I heard Danny yelped. I turned to look at him, oh man he was gorgeous. Maggie came in after him, "Hey Kat." Maggie said with a smile and a wave. They had figured out my nickname, Cam had given it to me when we first met. "Hey!" I said happily.

Danny came over to look at my computer, "Whatcha doinnnnn?" he asked. I giggled and turned back to my laptop, "Who's David Parker?" Danny asked leaning on my chair. I felt his breathing on my head, his sent was thick in my nose. He smelt nice, I never was able to name the scent he had.

Maggie came over to my side, I took a deep breath. "Maggie can you close my door?" I asked her. "Sure, honey!" she said and kicked the door shut. "I believe David Parker is the man who killed Cam." I said softly. I didn't look at them, I was scrolling through a site I had found. There was a picture, I had found him.

"Hey! I know that guy!" Danny yelped, I turned. "You do?" "Yeah! He works at the 7 11 at my house." he said. Danny was eyeing the man suspiciously, he turned to Maggie. "Remember? He gave me a pack of sour patches for free once." he said turning back to the computer. I looked at Maggie, she rolled her eyes. "That was the time you got so hyper you almost got hit by a car." she said, but laughed. Danny laughed too, "The person obviously didn't see me dancing across the street so." he said with a shrug, I went back to the computer.

How could he stay in plain sight? Or did he go into hiding? "Does he still work at 7 11?" I asked, staring at the man in front of me. He had black hair, blue eyes, and a black beard. Not really a beard, but stubs of a beard. Danny nodded, "Yeah, actually we saw him yesterday." How could he do that?

Probably because no one would expect HIM, but now I did. I remember when I first met this man, it was my 12th birthday. Cam had turned 12 like a month before, so we were the same age. We were walking over to Cams house, his dad was gone so we could actually hang out there. David was in the house screaming at his mom, I was terrified to I clung to Cams arm. He put me behind him protectively as we entered the house, David had turned around to look at Cam. The fire in his eyes showed pure hatred towards his family, but David turned back and started to scream at his mother. "DON'T YELL AT HER LIKE THAT." Cam would finally yell over him. David swung around and towered over me and Cam. Well maybe just me, Cam was always tall. "GET LOST, LITTLE BRATT." David had screamed at Cam, I had felt his hand tighten into a fist. "DON'T TALK TO MY SON LIKE THAT, BASTARD." his mother screamed. David swung around and Cam kicked his leg as hard as he could, "OW." David screamed.

I forgot what happen after that, but I knew how much David hated Cam. And it wouldn't be a surprise if he recognized me now. I was so lost in the memory I didn't even notice Danny was poking my head, "Kat KAT." he screamed. I jumped, "IM ALIVE." I screamed. Maggie laughed, "We were going to go to 7 11 today anyway. Wanna come?" Danny asked his hand still on my arm.

Whenever he touched me it was like ice, but not cold. It was a nice feeling. What was I doing? I didn't even know this boy for like 2 months and I already had feelings for him. GET IT TOGETHER KATLEYN.

I nodded, "Sure. I'd love too." I said with a smile looking up at Danny. He had a bright smile plastered to his face, I love his smile. His eyes danced, "LUS GO DEN." he said marching to the door. I laughed. "Yes, sir." Maggie said, I got up and followed them.

What was David going to do when he saw me? Would he yell at me? Or just plain ignore me? Would he even recognize me? No, no going back now. I had to do this. For Cam.

Sup. Whalie here. The picture of the girl is Maggie. I had to change her up a bit because I couldn't find the actual picture I wanted to use, but this one will have to do. <3