Chapter 10

Chapter 10;

It was about 10:30 at night, Maggie had gone home. My mom said Danny and Marissa could stay here as long as they needed to, Danny slept on the couch. Marissa slept on the other one, I was in my bed listening to music when I heard the door open. I turned around and took out my ear phones, Marissa was standing in my doorway. She was wearing a black tank top and my cookie monster bottoms, I sat up. "Hey Marissa." I said and turned on my lamp. She walked in and closed the door, "Can I, talk to you..?" she asked shyly. She sat on the end of my bed, criss cross like Maggie sometimes did. I nodded, "Of course." I said sweetly smiling. She fiddled with her fingers looking down for a bit, "What was he like? Cam? If you don't mind me asking.." she asked quietly staring at me now. I shrugged and looked away, "He was.. misunderstood." I said and looked up. Marissa nodded, "He was in my history class last year. He was always the one who would make everyone laugh by upsetting the teacher. He was the badass class clown, per say." she said, she was smiling. I could see the twinkle in her eyes through the dim light, I smiled too. "Sounds like him." I said with a small chuckle. She smiled and looked away for a second, "I liked him... I liked him a lot, but I never wanted to get in the away of your guy's friendship, I saw how much you needed him like he needed you." she said, but then she was frowning. I could see the small glint of guilt in her eyes, she had loved him. In a crush kind of way, "Is that the only thing that held you back? Me?" I asked, I felt my own guilt. She shook her head, "No no. Danny." she said softly. I cocked my head, what did Danny have against Cam? She looked up at me, "He hated Cam, he never told me why. He just... did." she said with a shrug. I looked at my hands, thinking hard on when Cam and Danny crossed paths. Marissa shifted nervously, she was about to say something. "You don't remember, do you?" she asked softly. I shook my head fiercely and grabbed my hair, "They fought..." she said so quietly I almost missed it. The memory was almost thrown at me, I felt the sudden race of my heart.

It had been in the middle of the school year, end of the day. Cam and I were walking into the parking lot, "HEY CAMERON." a boy had yelled from behind us. Cam stopped and closed his eyes letting out a small groan, he hated being called by his first name. I stopped too and felt the sudden rush of fear, we turned around. Danny stood there in front of us, a smirk on his face. His arms crossed against his chest, he was leaning a bit to the side. Gianna and her friends and their boyfriends stood in a group behind him, I then noticed Maggie standing next to Prince. She had a weird look in her eye, but she continued to walk. A bit faster, Maggie is a blonde? "Come on, Cam. Before he makes a move." I said quietly tugging on his shirt. "Are you really going to listen to your girlfriend?" Danny teased, Cam tensed completely and it was harder to move him. "At least I have one who can think." he said through gritted teeth. I looked up at him confused, Gianna gasped. And I could see a bit of hurt in her eyes. Danny's eyes flared, he walked right up to Cam. Wow they're the same height. I backed up a little, "How dare you talk about her like that." Danny said, his hands in fists. Cam backed me up a little more, I began to quiver a little at the thought of Cam getting beat up again. "You need to work on your choice of girls, mate." Cam said smugly. It was like he was TRYING to get beat up, or did he know something about Danny?  "YOU TWAT." Danny yelled and punched Cam in the stomach, making him fall to his knees. Cam swung out his arm grabbing Cams leg and pulled on it making Danny fall as well, "If I'm going down, you're coming too." Cam said through gritted teeth. Danny shot up and jumped on Cam, his fist came down on his face once. He raised it for another, "W-What...." I heard Marissa whimper behind him. Danny turned around and stood up, "Mars..." He said quietly. I felt my own tears, Marissa stood on the side walk. She was shaking, the hurt and terror in her eyes was unbelievable. I could see a single tear slide down her cheek, "H-How could y-you..?" she asked, she was shaking harder as she spoke. "Mars, please.. I didn'-" "Didn't what Danny!?" she screamed and ran. Gianna rolled her eyes, "Continue." she said in a bored voice. "Mars!" Danny called and ran after his sister.

That's why Danny looked so familiar the first time I saw him. I now remember the hatred I had towards him, "Oh my god..." I said softly, I felt a tear run down my cheek. I looked away from Marissa closing my eyes, "You should have seen how guilty he looked when he heard about him.." Marissa said with a fake chuckle. I sniffed and looked at her opening my eyes, "I didn't talk to him for like a week. I would leave the house before he woke up. Avoid him at school. Keep my distance. I wasn't only mad, I was scared. That bitch Gianna had changed him into some kind of snob." she snorted. "You hate her too?" I asked. She nodded and looked at me, "Um, yeah." "I hate her guts." I mumbled. She cocked her head, "That bratt slapped me once." "Oh, that was the time in the locker room huh." I nodded, "Danny told me what happen." she said softly. I looked up, she was grinning. Oh god, he told her about our encounter with Gianna. "You know, you're all he ever talks about." she said cocking her head, still smiling. I looked away and chuckled, "Now that he knows you, he feels even more guilty about that day. He told me himself." she said. I could see her still smiling a bit still, I shrugged and sniff again. I fiddled with my fingers, "I'm going to go to bed. Night Katelyn." she said and patted my arm. "Marissa." I said looking at her as she began to walk towards the door. She turned around, "Call me Kat." I said with a smile. She smiled back and nodded. Leaving me. I turned off the light.

I laid there in the darkness. Thinking about Danny. What Marissa said. Thinking about Cam. I thought about Maggie and Justin. Wynter and Ian. I thought real hard. Did I really deserve all these wonderful people? I thought about Justins little sister, how easy it would be to just take her. I wondered how I could protect my only friends from getting hurt. Well obviously I wasn't doing a great job. I mean, one of my best friends was sleeping on my couch with his sister. Does Maggie have any siblings? What about Wynter? No no. Justin told me Wynter had a brother, but he was killed in the army. I fell asleep with a head full of questions.

 "Is she up?" "If she was up her eyes would be open." "Shut up, both of you." I opened my eyes, Marissa, Danny, and Maggie were hovering over me. I could see in Danny's eyes the sparkle he usually got when he saw me. I smiled a bit and rubbed my eyes, I remembered what Marissa told me yesterday night. I looked at Maggie, her hair was red, obviously, but she was really blonde? I cocked my head as I looked at her, "Oh don't tell me you don't remember me after one night." she said with a frown. I shook my head, "No, your blonde?" I asked. She laughed, "Yeah, I am. I don't like being blonde that's why I went with red hair." she said with a smile. I nodded, Marissa was grinning at me still, I sat up. Danny didn't have a shirt on, but he still had bandages. Marissa was wearing what she slept in, her hair was brushed. Maggie was the only one dressed, she was wearing black jean shorts, and a purple t shirt. She was never matching, well obviously because her hair was red. She had a black beanie on as well. "Come on. I want you to meet someone." she said summoning me out of bed. "Let me brush my hair first." I said grabbing my brush and walking to the mirror.

After my hair was brushed and I didn't look like I just crawled out of bed, they guided me down stairs. First I was almost tackled by Ian, "Morning, sis!" he said happily picking me up into a huge ass hug. "Ian, its been one night." I laughed. He was acting like I've been gone for weeks. He laughed too, "Yeah yeah." He was also shirtless, his hair standing on end, wearing those super man pajama bottoms again. We walked down stairs to the smell of bacon, "JAKE SHES UP. COME HERE." Maggie yelled. A boy came walking over, he had a white t shirt on and jeans. His hair was a light brown and swept to the side, he had Maggie's dark brown eyes. Man, was he handsome or what. I'm saying that too much.

"Jake, this is Kat. Kat, this is Jake. My brother." she said with a bright smile. "Sup." Jake said, leaning on Maggie. "Oh you can stand." she said pushing him off her. He chuckled, "You must be the wondrous Kat. Maggie is nonstop talking about you." Jake said, I shook his hand. I looked at Maggie and raised my eye brows, "What? Your fun to talk about." she said with a smile. I rolled my eyes.

What was going to happen today.

HEY HEY HEY. So, that hottie over der is Jake. Hope you enjoy this story so far. I know I am. ^~^