Chapter 4

Chapter 4;

"So much damn walking, do we really have to walk Danny?" Maggie complained.  "No we can totally hop into some strangers car." Danny said, looking at her. Maggie rolled her eyes.

We walked in a straight line, Danny in the middle. As we walked, I thought about what I was going to say to David. I wonder if he'd recognize me, and what would I do if he did? We were just going to have to find out what will happen.

Maggie and Danny continued to talk, while I was lost in deep thought. I was also thinking of how Danny was like Cam, tall, attractive, funny, happy, and just didn't give a fuck. I was also thinking of how Maggie and Danny were so freaking alike! I swear they shared the same thoughts or something, they always knew what each other were going to say. Maybe it was because they were friends for so long, I wasn't sure.

We reached 7 11 and Danny walked right in like he owned the place, to be honest. I was scared, actually not scared. Terrified. Maggie pushed me along in front of her, and I really wanted to hug Danny's arm. To hide, shrink away. But I forced myself to stand tall and be strong, For Cam. For Cam. For Cam. I repeated in my head as my heart raced, Danny walked around and I followed him. Once we were in a corner in the back he turned to look down at me, "He's here." he said nodding his head to the man at the cash register. It was him, I felt my hands get sweaty. I began to shake, Danny touched my arm. "It's alright. He wont hurt you. Not here anyway." he said, I looked up at him with wide eyes.

Ever since Cam left, I've felt so weak. Vulnerable. I felt so weak, but with Danny I felt protected. Like it was with Cam, when I was with him I felt like nothing could touch me. With Danny, it was kind of the same feeling, but when Cam touched me. It was like fire burning up inside, when Danny touched me it felt like ice. I felt so protected when I was with Danny, it was amazing how one boy can make you feel like your on top of the world.

I got a pack of gum, a push pop, and a Hershey's bar. Danny got a lollipop, ice cream, and a soda. And Maggie also got gum, gummy bears, and skittles.

We put our junk onto the counter, Danny stepped forward. He took out his wallet eyeing David with suspicion, David looked up at me. And he looked eyes with me, I began to shake. I couldn't look away, I tried so hard to just turn my head, but it was like it was locked in place.

David leaned back, not looking away. "I know who you are." he said, his voice was deep and creepy. He jerked his head at me, I gulped. Say something! I yelled in my head. I took in a deep breath, "And I know who you are." I said almost a whispered. I was shaking like a leaf, "You were that boys best friend, weren't you?" he asked, I could see the fire building in his eyes as he spoke of Cam. I nodded, "And I was there when you yelled at his mother." I said, the memory flashed in front of my eyes.

I felt Danny shift beside me, I wanted to ask him. The question repeated in my head, Did you kill Cam? I wanted to ask, but what if he starts yelling? I took in another deep breath, and let the words stuck in the back of my throat flow out. "Did you kill Cam?" I didn't say it too loudly, no one was in the store except us. David's eye brows raised, and I could see the truth in his eyes. He did.

My breath cot in my throat, a huge, painful, lump made itself there. I was shaking harder now, I could feel the tears in my eyes. I was standing in front of Cam's murderer, I couldn't breath. He had a smug look on his face, noticing my struggle. Danny grabbed our junk and glared at him, "We're never coming here again. Knowing it houses a murderer." he said threw gritted teeth, his arm wrapped around my shoulders. I snuggled into his side, I lowered my eyes to stare at the ground. Danny guided me out of the store.

When we were a good distance from 7 11, the first tear slipped down my cheek. I sniffed, but kept my eyes down. Danny hadn't let go of me, he kept me close to his side. His thumb lightly rubbed my arm, I never felt so comforted since the murderer, but now I knew who did it...

I wasn't sure what to do now. I knew who killed Cam, now what? Do I tell the police? Will David go into hiding? What if he goes after me? Will I be his next victim? These questions raced around my head, what was I going to do? If I tell the police maybe I'll end up like the girls in Pretty Little Liars. I didn't want that.

I was still shaking, not as much, but I was shaking. Danny stopped me and turned me around, two fingers found their way under my chin forcing me to look up at him. His hair was perfectly swept to the side, his brown eyes full of concern. Another tear fell down my cheek, his thumb wiped it away.

"We know who it is now. It's going to be alright." he said softly, his face was very close. He was staring not at my eyes, but through them. He read my panic, my questions. "We are going to tell the police, Kat. If he comes for you I wont let him get to you. And that's a promise." he said softly.

I couldn't hold back, I flung my arms around his neck and buried my head in into his shoulder. His arms wrapped around my waist, my skin tingled. We were in a ball of ice, his scent thick in my nose. I felt other arms wrap around both of us, Maggie. "I want some love too." she half whimpered, I giggle. Danny moved one arm around her. We had a huge group hug.

When we got back to my house, Danny ran and jumped on my bed. Rolling onto his back, he let out a huge sigh. I went over and sat next to him leaning against my pillows, Maggie made herself conferrable on the computer chair.

Danny scooted over to me, his head on my shoulder. I pet his hair, so soft. Maggie was going on about how Justin and Wynter might get together, "I personally think they'd be adorable, but Justin is so shy." she was saying. I nodded, I wonder if Maggie ever had a boyfriend. A beautiful girl like her, probably. Danny spoke up, "Maggie you've helped lost of people find a mate, but I think you need someone." he said. She looked at him, and raised her eyebrows. "Danny, there is no boy in the school who would date me." "Prince would." he said with a huff. I looked at him, "Who's Prince?" I asked looking at Maggie then back at Danny. "He's the ghost of the school." Maggie snorted leaning back in her chair, "Prince is one of those people you don't see much, he's in your math class." he said elbowing me. I thought back, "Prince Drako?" I asked. Danny nodded, I shrugged. "He's cute." I said.

Prince had dark brown hair and light brown eyes, freckles all up his arms. Freckles covered his nose and under his eyes, faint freckles covered his face a bit. He had glass and was quite cute, he would be perfect for Maggie to think about it.

"He likes you?" I asked, jerking my head towards Maggie. She rolled her eyes, "N-" "Yes." Danny said before she could finish. She frowned at him, "How do you know that?" she asked, challengingly. "He told me." Danny said smugly.

Could I hook up Maggie and Prince?

Whalie here. The boy in the picture is Danny. Isn't he hot though? <3