Chapter 5

Chapter 5;

Back to school.

I've actually been surviving. The bullies finally laid off, maybe because Danny was at my side 24/7. Today I was going to talk to Prince, Danny some how knew where he ate lunch.

Danny sat down, I sat down next to him. "Hey Prince!" He said. Prince smiled at him, and looked at me. I smiled, "Hey, your in my math class. Katelyn right?" he asked cocking his head to one side, I nodded. "Yup." He nodded and turned to both of us.

He wasn't looking at us, he was looking behind us. Danny seemed to notice, but didn't turn. I turned around, Maggie was staring at us. Her brows pulled together, a frown on her face. I winked, she rolled her eyes and walked over to Justin and Wynter.

Turning back to Prince, he was looking away his cheeks a pale pink. He was embarrassed. I smiled, "No need to hide your love, Prince." I said softly. Danny looked at me, and I looked at him. His eyes were full of admiration. Did he admire me?

Danny looked back at Prince, he leaned back in his chair. His eye brow raised, Prince was blushing. It was cute when guys blushed, Prince was cute all together. He had that kind of face you can't say no too.

We talked all lunch, mostly about Maggie. Danny kept bringing her up, Prince was shy talking about her. But once he got used to it, he went right in. He talked about how he's known her since 6th grade, and has had a little bit of feelings for her since. Danny acted like he had hit the jack pot, and would ask him why he liked her and some other stupid questions. When the bell rang, Danny and Prince got up. I got up as well, of course, and we walked to class together.

Finally, the last period. History, yay. My History teacher, Mr. Wookey, was going on about some a new assignment. My day dreaming was interrupted when the principal walked in with a guy, he must be new. But I knew him, I recognized him. Where have I seen him before?

"Mr. Wookey, if I may. Students," he said gesturing to my class, "this is a new student. His name is Mike Hunter." he said, my heart skipped a beat. Oh my god, he was in this school now? Since when? His dark brown eyes scanned the room, but when he met mine. He locked my eyes, my hands got sweaty and my heart raced.

Mike Hunter is my ex boyfriend, we dated in 7th grade. He had cheated on me, and hated me because Cam beat the crap out of him. Or maybe he didn't hate me, but I hated his guts. Where's Danny when you need him. Mike came in and sat in the empty desk right next to me, no surprise. I was in the back corner and that was the only empty seat left.

I tried to scoot my desk further away, but my desk was right next to the window. So where was I going, out the window? That was a possibility, but I wasn't risking it. The principal left with a smile, Mr. Wookey went back to saying stuff.

I felt his eyes burning holes through my arm, could this class go any slower? I really just wanted to get out of this hell hole, maybe Danny will walk home with me. Or does he have a car? No, I think he's learning to drive though.

Finally! There's the bell! Shoving my things into my backpack, I bolted out the door. I felt Mike's eyes on my back when I walked out the door, what the hell was he doing here? I walked to my locker, had to get my shit. At my locker was Justin, he was leaning next to it on his phone. It wasn't Danny, but at least I could talk to Justin. He looked up from his phone when he heard me coming, "Hey Kat!" he said cheerfully. I smiled, "Hey there, Justin." I turned and opened my locker, "You wanna hang today?" he asked, he was like jumping up and down. I laughed, "Sure Justin." I said, I grabbed my books and slammed my locker shut. We walked out, he told me how there was a new kid in his math class. "His name is Mike Hunter. You know him?" he asked looking at me. Even his name made my stomach churn. "Yes. He's in my History class." I sighed.

Justin looked at me again, "You don't sound too happy about that." he said. I looked up at him, he wasn't very tall. Well he was tall, but smaller then Danny and Cam. Maybe by like 2 inches, "We have some.... history." I said, pending on what word to say. "Oooo. Do tell." Justin said, he sounded like a gossip girl.

"Well, back in 7th grade we dated for like 2 months." I said, Justin jumped on that. "Did he hurt you?" "Well, yes. But Cam beat the crap out of him so." I said with a shrug. "What'd he do?" he asked, "He cheated on me with some blonde chick." I said. "Always the blondes." That made me laugh, the fact that he had a crush on a blonde. We were silent, we reached the front. "I never actually had the nerve to say hi to Cam. He just seemed so.... intimidating." Justin said, this surprised me. I nodded, "He wanted to stay like that. I was never sure why, but he liked to look tough." I said, I was smiling.

"What was he like?" Justin asked, I looked at him. He was staring at his feet, I looked back in front of me. "He was very bright. He might seem scary, but he was such a trouble maker. He would play pranks on me." I said, laughing a little at some of the jokes he had pulled. "You guys did everything together, huh?" "Yeah. Pretty much. It was hard for him, he had a lot going on in his life." I said, images of his scares and bruises flashed in front of me. Justin was silent, "When he came to school, with a black eye that one time. What was that from? You don't have to tell me, I'm just curious." Justin said, "His dad used to beat him. You should've seen his back..." I said trailing off. I saw Justin nod out of the corner of my eye, "You loved him, didn't you?" Justin asked quietly, I could feel him staring at me. I nodded, "I did.. Very much." I whispered. Justin wrapped his arm around me, "He's still here. I feel him haunting the halls." Justin said, I chuckled. "He told me he wanted to do that when he died, haunt people. Scare people." I said with a little smile, I thought I was the only one who felt his presence.

We walked down the side walk, and ran into Danny and Maggie. "Where's your girl, Justin?" Maggie teased. "I actually don't know." Justin said looking around for Wynter. "Here!" she screamed and came from behind a bush. "Me and Kat were going to hang, when hang with us?" "YES." Danny said. He didn't like being alone, "Sure. Why not." Maggie said with a shrug, and Wynter nodded. We all walked to Justin's house. It was weird, they've all seemed to have been at my house, but I have never been to any of their houses.

Is that weird?

Mk, so. The boy in the picture is Justin. Aint he a cutie? cx ~Whalie