Chapter 9

Chapter 9;

"Do you think he heard us?" Ian asked as we drove home. I nodded, "He wouldn't ignore us, Ian." I said softly. At least I hope he wouldn't. "But what if he couldn't hear us." "You were like yelling, pretty sure he heard you." I teased. "I have a loud voice, don't judge." Ian said, I rolled my eyes but couldn't help a smile.

It was about 11:20 when we got home, Ian pulled into the drive way. I stepped out of the car, I had a feeling something was wrong. I didn't know what though, just felt it. I walked to the house, inside lay Danny on my couch. My mother hovered over him, "Oh sweetie. Hold on." she hurried away, giving me a worried look. I ran over a knelt down in front of him, "Oh my god.." I whispered.

His back... It was red and fleshy, I could see the blood building. "Not you too..." I whispered. Not Danny. Why him? Why is always someone I actually love? I touched his arm, his eyes were closed but I could see the tear stains on his cheeks. I touched his cheek with my hand, "Who's this?" Ian whispered kneeling down beside me. "Danny." I said softly, I rubbed Danny's cheek with two fingers.

Danny murmured something in his sleep, I listened harder. "Mars...." He said so softly it was hard to hear. "Mars.?" I questioned. Danny's eyes flew open, "Mars!" I yelled. He tried to get up, groaning in pain he flopped back down. His eyes closed shut tightly, "Hey, Hey. It's alright." I soothed him petting his hair. His breathing slowed, calming down. "Who's Mars, Danny?" I asked softly, still stroking his hair. "My sister, Marissa." He said softly. He opened his eyes again, "He'll hurt her." He said, the pleading in his eyes was painful. "Older or younger?" "We're twins." he said. I raised my eye brows, then he corrected himself. "Kind of." I nodded, "She has black hair, but her bangs are purple and kind of blue. She has big blue eyes and a nose piercing." he explained to me, wow. I want purple hair. I hadn't realize Ian had left to get me some water, "Oh thanks." "Who's this?" Danny asked staring at Ian. Ian waved, "Danny, this is my older brother Ian. He's visiting from college." I explained. "Nice to meet you." Ian said patting his hand. Danny nodded, but looked back at me. "Kat, I need you to find Marissa. I don't want him to hurt her." Danny said, his eyes were huge and full of pain. I looked at Ian, he nodded.

I texted Maggie, she must know Marissa. "Me: Hey Maggie. Danny showed up at my house and its hard t explain what happen, but I need your help to find his sister." I hit send. My mother came rushing in, she had all the things she used to us on Cam. I couldn't name them all, but they worked and that's all that mattered. Maggie got right back to me; "Maggie: Alright. I'm on my way." Moving aside, I let my mom go to work. She used to be a nurse, which was ironic.

Maggie knocked on my door maybe 20 minutes later. "Hey Kat." She said. I summoned her inside, she gasped when she saw Danny sprawled out on my couch. My mom had put this healing stuff on his back, she hadn't bandaged it yet though. I put my hand on Maggie's shoulder and looked at her, her hands were over her mouth and I could see the shock in her eyes. She walked over to him slowly, I let my arm fall to my side. Kneeling down in front of his motionless body, she pet his cheek softly. Danny groaned, but didn't open his eyes. Maggie stood up and looked at me, her eyes watery. "Come on." I said. "IAN." I screamed. Maggie cocked her head, Ian came rushing down the halls keys in hand. "Ian this is Maggie. Maggie this is Ian." I said and walked out the door. They hurried after me.

"Do you think she'll be at his house?" I asked Maggie as we drove to Danny's house. I saw her nod in the review mirror, we arrived at his house. I could hear yelling from inside, it was a man and a women. Maggie and I got out of the car quietly, "Stay here." I said to Ian. He made himself comfterable, we walked up his pavement drive way. It was the first time I've been to Danny's house, 2 story. A pale blue, it's a nice house. I never expected myself to come here to actually save someone, but it's a start right?

We waited behind a bush for any sign or sound of a 15 year old girl. Then we heard pounding foot steps, "MARISSA GET BACK HERE, BRATT." A loud male voice boomed from inside. "GET AWAY FROM ME." a girl cried. The door swung open, my and Maggie stood up and ran to the car. "MARISSA!" Maggie called. She lifted her head and ran towards us, Maggie got in the car. Marissa literally jumped in the car, I got in. "DRIVE." I screamed as a big man came out. He had a belt in his hand and rope in the other, Ian stepped on the gas.

I sat back in my seat and closed my eyes, my heart was beating against my chest hard. I caught my breath and looked at Marissa, she was curled in the crook of Maggie's arm. Tears slid down her cheeks, she looked up at me. Her big blue eyes were full of terror, I reached over and touched her leg. "Thank you." She whispered and grabbed my hand. I stroked her hand with my thumb, I smiled and nodded. "Is Danny ok?" She asked. I nodded, "He's on my couch. My mom was a nurse so she's fixing him up." I said softly. She nodded, "You were Cams friend, weren't you?" She asked. I nodded again and looked away, "I'm sorry for him." she said quietly. I looked at her, god I want her hair.

We got to my house, Maggie helped get Marissa out of the car. When she walked in, she sprinted to Danny. He was bandaged now and was sitting up drinking some chocolate milk, he looked over. "MARS." he yelped, setting down his chocolate milk. Danny stood, Marissa flung her arms around his neck sobbing into his shoulder. "He-e was going-g t-to rape-e me." she sobbed. Danny rubbed her back as she sobbed, my mom was in the kitchen making us sandwiches. Danny sat on the couch, Marissa curled up next to him. Her legs on his lap, head on his shoulder, it was cute. They did kind of look like each other, they were both gorgeous so. Maggie and I sat on the other couch, we all watch Adventure Time and ate sandwich's. Ian was in the kitchen with mom, but he could still see the TV.

This day has been crazy. I wonder were Danny and Marissa are going to stay. Would their father go to jail? Has he always beaten them? Or waited for the perfect age? Maybe to rape Marissa, oh poor Marissa. I wonder if her father had her watched him beat Danny.

Would this all end up like what happen to Cam....?

SUP. So that pretty girlie over der is Danny's sister. Marissa. Dude I want her hair, suh pretty. cx