Chapter 4

Grace POV:

Trees blurred past me as I tried to dodge anything that came in my path. The wind pushed against my face as my hair flew in every direction. My feet began to ache due to how fast I was running, but I didn't care. I would do anything to get back on the path I was on before.

I would do anything to get away from him. Mate or not, he was a killer and I despised him.

I could hear his loud footsteps getting closer to me. Although I had Alpha blood, he was more than likely trained unlike me.

Grace, stop running from mate. He won't hurt us.

My wolf has been whining ever since I ran from him, she just doesn't realize what he's done. All that matters to her is that she's found her mate. Too bad that's not what matters to me.

"Stop running" his loud voice boomed. His voice was so deep and commanding  that it caused shivers to run down my spine.

He was getting closer and soon he would catch me.

Instead of picking up speed I shifted into my light grey wolf, my clothes ripping while in air.

I landed on my feet and began running, faster this time since I was in wolf form and had more strength.

Behind me, I heard a crack of bones.

Shit.

He too had shifted. Why couldn't he just leave me alone? Can't he take the hint? It's pretty clear to me that I don't want him.

I will never want him.

Why does the moon goddess hate me? He can't be my mate. He's the killer of my family. The killer of my pack. I hate him, despise his very existence.

We would never lead normal lives of mates.

There's just too much baggage.

Lost in my own thoughts I hadn't realized I was slowing down. This gave my lovely mate the opportunity to tackle me to the floor.

His wolf laid on top of mine as I kept resisting from under. I quickly bit his leg hard which caused him to let out a growl and whimper.

Taking his distraction as my chance to escape, I began running again. It was not long before I was tackled again. Except this time he bit my leg hard to disable me from running.

I let out a loud whimper as blood started flowing out.

I was left there on the floor in wolf form as he went behind the tree.

I heard his bones crack and him shuffle around before he came out with only shorts on, a shirt in his hand.

I took this moment to admire his great chest. He had an eight pack and a well defined chest. You could clearly see he trained a lot and spent plenty of hours at the gym.

As I heard his throat clearing, I looked away.

"Shift and put this shirt on" he said as he tossed the shirt my way.

Limping, I went towards the same tree he came out from and shifted.

In human form, I could see the wound better and feel the pain more. Blood was flowing down my leg to my foot. The sight of blood made me sick so I quickly put the shirt on and went back out.