Chapter 29

Arsen POV:

"Arsen please rest you've been here for two days. Have you even eaten? Showered? She wouldn't want you like this." Macy asked while I continued staring at Grace's pale face. Her beautiful brown hair was laid on the pillow, as she peacefully rested.

I grunted at Macy and waved her off. She let out a loud sigh before I heard her footsteps leaving the room.

I didn't want to leave my mate at all. Especially after what happened. How could a happy and fun night turn into a nightmare?

I wanted to be right next to Grace as soon as she opened her eyes, I wanted to tell her that I loved her as soon as I could. I had wasted enough time.

I squeezed my eyes shut as my thoughts wandered back to what happened two nights ago.

Flashback

I was using as much power as I could go fight off Sean's men. I still didn't have my wolf since they injected me with wolfsbane and that meant they had more power than I had. I wanted to eliminate all of Sean's men so I could kill him last.

I would make him pay. He would suffer the consequences of killing my father and Grace's pack.

I suddenly felt a searing pain in my shoulder as I was fighting off the last two wolves. I quickly cracked their necks before turning around see Sean.

As if everything was in slow motion I watched him as he plunged the knife into Graces' stomach. I let out a roar as I ran towards my mate who lay there.

I picked her up in my arms and tried shaking her awake but her eyes remained closed as I feared the worst. I lowered my head down to her chest where her heart lay and listened in. A flood of relief passed through me as I heard the faint thud of her heart beating.

I saw Matthew and Nick grabbing Sean before giving me a quick nod. I ran out of the warehouse all the way towards the pack house.

I barged into the pack house and ignored the calls of my mother and Macy. My top priority was getting Grace to the doctor before she...

No. I shouldn't think that way.

I called for the pack Doctor as soon as I entered the infirmary.

"Tom! I need your help right now!" I yelled using my Alpha voice.

Tom scurried towards me and took a quick look at Grace before ushering me to the bed.

I quickly placed her as Tom paced around trying to grab materials.

"What has he done? He's poisoned her to no end." Tom said shaking his head while plugging in an IV.

"Tom save my mate." I growled at him getting impatient. He ushered my out of the room much to my displeasure. My head was spinning but I knew I had one last thing to do before going back to my mate.

Walking out of the pack house, I walked towards the woods where I saw Matthew and Nick dragging a bloodied Sean. Nick kicked him to the floor as Sean fell harshly on the ground with a thud.

I walked towards him and kneeled on the floor in front of him. I picked his head up using his hair as he hissed in pain.