Chapter 23

Grace POV:

I woke up feeling like shit. Yesterday's events came tumbling back into my mind as soon as I opened my eyes. Tears welled in my eyes as I remembered what Arsen had done. I pushed them back, I didn't want to cry anymore. I was going to be strong.

If Arsen wanted someone else, he could have them. I would move out of his way happily.

Would you really be happy though?

Yes.

No.

I don't know.

Shaking off my thoughts, I moved out of bed and went into the shower. I took a look in the mirror and cringed. My eyes looked puffy, I had dark circles under my eyes, and my eyes and face were both red.

Stripping out of my clothes, I walked into the shower and turned on the steaming water. I washed myself and my hair, taking my time to think. I didn't want to leave my room but I would have to soon. I was starving.

I also didn't want to leave my room because it could mean bumping into Arsen. I definitely did not want to see him.

But what if it wasn't what it seemed like?

He was pleading, Grace. Please listen to what he has to say! Cat said pleading me. She hadn't talked to me all night but I could feel her pain all night. She had walked into the back of my mind and stayed there.

Either way, I wouldn't be talking to Arsen. In fact, I'd rather avoid him more than anything today.

I dressed in a pair of black cotton shorts and a white crop top with a single daisy on it. I slipped on some black fuzzy socks and left my hair down.

Since I was planning on staying in my room, I turned the heater up and picked a movie to watch. It was a chilly and rainy day outside and I was craving hot chocolate. The urge to get up was growing stronger and stronger by every minute and I couldn't even focus on the movie I was watching. Deciding I was going to be brave, I moved towards my door and twisted the knob. I stuck my head out and looked both ways. Both of the hallways were empty meaning the coast was clear.

I bolted towards the stairs and stopped in my tracks when I heard voices. Listening in, I realized it was Arsen. He was talking to Macy and Matthew while pacing the room. Realizing that he would sense my smell soon I started walking back towards my room. Guess I would have to get my hot chocolate later. I thought pouting.

As I got closer to my room I saw a figure pacing back and forth looking panicked in front of my bedroom door. I took a few more steps before I recognized the face. Nicks face looked up to meet mine before a relieved smile came onto his face. He ran towards me and grabbed my arms.

"Grace I'm freaking out over here. My mate won't talk to me at all! She's totally afraid of me! Can you please go talk to her for me? Tell her that I would never harm her?" Nick said pleading me.

Smiling, I nodded my head and walked towards his room while he took a seat outside the door.

Walking in, I noticed the same blonde girl on Nicks bed. She looked up frantically when she heard the door open but calmed down when she saw it was me and not Nick.

I walked towards the bed and took a seat across from her. "Hey, I'm Grace." I said stretching my hand out towards her.

She looked at it hesitantly before placing her hand in mine. "My names Sarah." She said quietly.