Chapter 28

Grace POV:

I woke up with a pounding headache and a blurry eyesight.

I tried calling out to Catalina but she wouldn't respond. It's like she wasn't there. There's only one thing in werewolf science that can cause that.

Wolfsbane.

That must've been what they injected in me seconds before I lost consciousness. 

I looked around and noticed I was in a room. It was cold and dirty and kind of matched the look of a garage. I knew I was in the basement because I could see stairs and the rustic and creepy look down here set off that vibe.

I looked down to see my dress all dirty and torn. I was sat on a wooden chair and my arms, and legs were tied up against it.

I tried calling out on the mind link but all I got was an echo of my own voice in my head.

Where the hell was I? And who took me?

"Ahh so the princess is finally awake." A voice on the shadows said.

My head snapped towards the corner of the room where the voice came from as I tried looking for the person.

"You see, this has been all part of the plan. Let me tell you the whole story before revealing myself. It's better that way." He said before cackling.

I stayed silent and listened to what the freak had to say.

"It all started 3 years ago. The Crescent Moon Pack and the Dark Shadow pack were all gaining power, and it left my pack behind. They were planning to create an alliance for even greater power but I couldn't let that happen." He said making a tsk sound.

"You see, my job was to manipulate. I wanted to gain my power and by doing that, it would mean eliminating one of the packs. My choice was the Crescent Moon Pack. Ring a bell Grace?" He said as my breath hitched.

I knew where this was going. And it wasn't going to be good.

"To eliminate that pack I set your pack up. I made it seem like your pack killed your mates father. When I reality, I killed him with my own two hands. I ripped him to shreds along with my people and left him there to die. I was the one who then told Arsen it was your pack. Genius right?" He asked laughing to himself.

Sick fuck.

"Fast forward, I offered to help Arsen get revenge and there you have it. The extinction of the Crescent Moon Pack. I ripped your whole family to shreds and I got the power I wanted after your pack was eliminated. But what I didn't know was that sweet little Grace was still alive. So Grace, tell me, who is it that's behind all of this? Have you recognized me yet?" He asked laughing, I could imagine the smirk on his face as he stood hidden.

I didn't need a genius to tell me who it was. I put the puzzle pieces together.

He took my silence as an answer and stepped out.

"The one and only right here!" Alpha Sean exclaimed as if he had an audience.

The person who committed every single one of these crimes was right under our noses. Acting like the good guy, when he was one of the worst human beings to walk on Earth.

He didn't deserve to be an Alpha. Whatever power he gained, was because of others blood on his hands.

How can someone live knowing they took the lives of innocents?