Chapter 14

Grace POV:

My eyes directly flew across the room and met with Arsen's. We stood there frozen, just staring at each other before Arsen turned away and took a seat at the mini kitchen bar with his bowl of cereal.

God damn our mate is so fine. Mumbled Cataline before purring happily.

Looking away I walked further into the kitchen avoiding eye contact with anyone else. Matthew, Nick, and Macy all stood around the counter munching on some cookies, their gazes burning into my back. I quickly grabbed a cookie from the box and began munching on it. Still feeling the gazes on my back, I whipped my head towards them.

"Is there something on my face or is it just stare at Grace day?" I asked annoyed.

"Puh-lease, you wish you had a day named after you." Said Nick in a girly voice causing everyone to erupt into laughter, even Arsen had a slight smile on his face.

"Alright guys, I think we should head out to the training grounds now."
Said Matthew glancing at his wrist watch.

Before any of them could descend out the door, I shouted, "Wait! Can I join too? I want to learn how to fight too."

I hadn't ever had a day of training in my life. Hardcore fight training in my pack began when a member was 16 and up. My birthday had just passed when my pack was attacked. I didn't have the ability to fight at all, so I did the best thing I could do in a situation of aN attack. Run. It was cowardly and I should've stayed with my pack, trying to help them fight but I was so afraid and my family's calls telling me to leave was all I heard before I sped off into the woods.

Everyone's heads turned towards Arsen who had a hard look on his face. His eyes met mine before saying, "Why do you need to learn how to fight?"

"I want to be able to defend myself." I answered with a impassive face, making sure he couldn't see what I was really feeling.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Did you never get training at your old pack?"

I lowered my gaze to the ground praying my voice didn't shake."My pack was attacked before I had the chance to train."

"Alright!" Macy said clapping her hands together creating a loud noise in the deadly silence. "Grace you can join us, just go change out of these clothes. We'll go shopping for your clothes later, but for now you can borrow mine." She said ignoring anything Arsen had to say.

I merely nodded my head before following Macy up to her room.

"Here, these should be perfect." Macy says handing me a pair of black Nike spandex shorts, and a white V-Neck. She also hands me a pair of black Nike freeruns so I wouldn't have to train in my converse.

Before leaving the room to let me change Macy places her hand on my shoulder and squeezes it. "Look Grace I'm really sorry about how I blew up on you. I was afraid and angry and I just, I don't know. I'm really sorry." She says sincerely gazing into my eyes.

I give her a small smile, "It's okay Macy, what I did was immature and you opened my eyes on a few things I didn't see before, so thank you. No hard feelings right?"

"Of course not! Besties for life!" She says laughing before leaving the room.

Quickly changing into the clothes and tying my hair into a high ponytail I walk downstairs where Arsen is waiting for me.