Chapter 13

Grace POV:

As soon as we enter the pack house Macy runs towards us. "Oh thank god you're okay Grace. Why did you leave? You could've gotten hurt. Oh my gosh are you hurt? Arsen! Why isn't anyone answering me! Oh my gosh your leg!" Screeches Macy as soon as she sees my wounded leg.

"Mace! Mace! Calm down, it's just a bite she'll heal." Says Matthew as he comes towards Macy, comforting her.

She buries her head into his shoulder and they both just stay there in their own world.

Arsen then clears his throat causing them to snap out of the trance they were in and move away from each other.

Weird. I'll have to ask her about that if she isn't pissed at me for leaving.

"Nick can you call the pack doctor and ask him to come here right now?" Asks Arsen

Nick merely nods and walks out of the room.

I feel myself moving and I realize that we've moved towards the couch. Arsen gently lays me down making sure I'm comfortable before moving back. He still hasn't spoken to me and is avoiding eye contact.

"I'm going to my office, I have some work to complete. I don't want any disturbances." Arsen says before leaving the room. A door slamming is all we hear before the pack Doctor walks in.

"Hello Luna, I see we meet again." Tom, the pack Doctor says, amusement dancing in his eyes.

I give him a slight smile and allow him examine and patch up my injured foot. As soon as he's done he gives me some pain medication and pays his farewell before leaving.

Since its late both Matthew and Nick have left to get some rest leaving Macy here with me.

"Hey." I say hesitantly looking towards her.

She looks at me before blowing up. "Why would you do that Grace? Do you realize what could've happened to you. You could've died! Do you know how much that could've affected Arsen?" He's your mate! I understand the both of you have your differences, I know what he did to your pack but he regrets it! You should've seen him when he realized you left. It isn't all about you Grace, everyone deserves a second chance. How would Arsen have known that it was your pack. He was looking for revenge, he was young, he was angry! Don't use his past mistakes against him okay? I know the pain of not being able to be with your own mate. It hurts. There are people out there that don't even have mates, or their mates are dead. You're lucky to still have a mate who is alive and healthy. You taking him for granted is gonna bite you in the ass."

With that said she turns around and leaves me there gaping at her.

I ruined the one possible friendship I could've had here. Arsen is angry at me and so is Macy. Nick and Matthew probably are annoyed by me too.

A tear rolls down my cheek. Everything was going wrong in my life. I once again was left alone. I ruined my chance at having my mate with me and his pack. I let my own fears consume me causing me to push away my chance with someone who was willing to love me.

I soon felt the kick of the pills that Tom gave me and felt myself giving into the darkness.

Flashback

"The second daughter is here!" Yelled my best friend Meredith as she walked into my house.

Mom and dad both chuckled as I laughed out loud at my friends forwardness. Soon she stuck her little head through the kitchen door, her bright blonde hair bouncing at her every move.

"Hey Mr. And Mrs. Anderson" Meredith greets.

"Hello sweetheart, how many times have we told you to just call us mom and dad, you're just like a daughter to us."

"For sure mom and dad, now would you let me steal your precious Grace from you as we have some things to discuss." Meredith says giving me a wink.

"Alright girls your mom and I have some business to attend to so we'll be visiting the pack house for a quick check up." My dad says before giving us both a hug and wave before leaving.

"Guess it's just you and me."  I say with a smile.

"Time to have some fun! Cmon I'm spending the night here so let's go pick up snacks and movies!"

"Okay I'm driving!" I yell before grabbing her keys and running out the door.

I hear the sound of her footsteps running after me as our laughter mix together as we race to the car.

Flashback over

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I sit up on the bed. The constant flashbacks make me nostalgic but also but a smile on my face as I reminisce the memories before everything went downhill.

Looking around I realize that someone had brought me to my room after I fell asleep and my guess is that Arsen was the only one who was there to pick me up and bring me up the stairs.

I felt a flutter in my heart knowing that Arsen was caring enough to bring me to my room for me to sleep comfortably despite him being angry at me.

Grabbing a towel I limp towards the bathroom and get ready for a new day.

I quickly shower and get dressed in some clothes that Macy let me borrow.

I really need to talk to Arsen about buying some new clothes, I can't keep borrowing Macy's.

That's only going to happen once you apologize and gain his trust. Says Catalina in a snarky tone.

I guess she's pissed at me too.

Slipping some converse on my feet, which are also Macy's, I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where four pairs of eyes land on me.

Oh boy, here we go.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in 2 weeks. It is my summer vacation and I recently had plans!

I'll try my best to update a lot

Expect an update real soon and enjoy this update too!

Till next time!

-lia