Chapter 13-Sixteenth Birthday

IMPORTANT

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait, my internets been down for a while, but now I'm back!! :D Happy times.

But the important part is that Raven's Mum (Olivia) is an empath. She can feel what others are feeling, but she can also channel emotions into others. So that's what's happening when the guy drops down in pain. But she can't channel emotions and feel them at the same time, which is why she doesn't feel imense pain as well. :D Just because I thought that it would get kind of confusing.

ANYWAYS, I'll just up so you can get to the good stuff.

OH, ONE MORE THING!!! Please can you check out my other book, Falling to the Dark Side? I really need feedback, since I'm not sure if I should contine or not. It's a vampire humour. THANKS GUYS!!

******

Chapter 13

Raven's POV

"The demon that's after you was the same demon that killed your mother and sister," Cole finally muttered. I'd had my mug of hot chocolate raised to take another sip, but at his words, my whole body froze. My hands trembled uncontrollably, so much so that Cole came over and pried the mug from my hands. I couldn't have cared less. With his words, he had unintentionally triggered memories that I had kept hidden for so long. Now they all came flooding out, filling my mind with their gruesome, grief-filled horrors.

 Flashback (Raven's 16th birthday)

"Mum, where are you taking us?" Grace whined from the back of the car. I sat beside her, equally curious and excited to find out our destination. Mum laughed. 

"Well it wouldn't be a birthday surprise if I told you, now would it?" she replied. Her brown eyes sparkled in the mirrors of the car.  

"Are we almost there?" I asked, grinning from ear to ear. 

Mum chuckled. "Always so impatient," she tutted lovingly. "But yes, we are almost there."

 I stared out the window as Grace continued to pester Mum, despite the fact that she was now 16. She was always the immature one of the two of us.  

 We were out in the countryside, although I had no idea where. Grassy hills stretched out for miles around, and the roads were pretty much empty, aside from the occasional speeding car. The beauty of the place intrigued me. Right now, I wanted to get out of the car and just wander aimlessly through the grassy meadows. The car was like a cage, trapping me when I wanted to be free. God, how long did Mum say it was till we were there?

 It was near the end of our birthday now. We had already been out with all of our friends, but we had reserved the evening just for our mother. We would have done so even if she hadn't asked us to. Bowling with our friends was fun and everything, or should I say Grace's friends, but my mother was always more important.

 I was more reserved that Grace was. She seemed to have limitless amounts of energy, and always seemed to know what to say. She was beautiful in a way I could never be, despite the fact that we were identical twins. People seemed to just gravitate to her the way bees did to honey. I was just along for the ride.

 "God Grace, could you be any more of a pest?" I teased, poking her in the side of her stomach. Mum laughed, and Grace turned to look at me with exaggerated outrage. 

"You did not just say that girlfriend," she said. 

"Actually, I did just say that. What are you going to do about-"