Chapter 20-Unexpected

----> The demon, "Evan". *licks lips* that's one hot lookin' demon ;) haha

CHAPTER 19-THE NOTE IS AN ACTUAL CHAPTER, NOT AN AUTHORS NOTE!!! Just to make that clear to you peeps :) 

Chapter 20

Cole's POV

I knew that Raven was hot, but this was just taking it to new extremes. My heart was beating so hard it my chest, I was surprised she didn't hear it. 
'Those legs...' I stifled a groan, trying not to let my eyes flit over to her. And failing. Again. I just couldn't help myself. She was temptation incarnate, with the soft touch of an angel and the body of the devil. But I don't think the police would take that as an excuse if I swerved and hit another car, so I once again forced my eyes to the road. 

When we got the the club, we waited in the line impatiently before we eventually got in. As we stood in the entrance, we both paused. I expanded my senses with a practised ease, searching out that unnatural tingle that always managed to send a chill through me. 

Nothing...nothing... My gaze roamed over the writhing bodies, skipping over the bar, until my gaze was drawn there once more. It landed on a couple, male and female. The man sat on a bar stool, glancing down at a woman who all but threw herself at him, if her body language was anything to go by. You could tell that he wasn't really interested though; he was barely even looking at her, more interested in the drink he was nursing. Tingles erupted over my body. The woman I easily dismissed as a lustful human, but the man... 

I snapped my gaze away from them and looked over at Raven, who had focused on the same couple I had. Her eyes narrowed dangerously before she looked over at me, grinning wickedly. Holy hell, that grin did funny things to my body. 
'Focus Cole.' 

Winking at her, I grabbed Raven's hand as I'd been craving to. As I intertwined our fingers, I led the way over to the couple. We'd talked about our game plan in the car, so we knew what we were doing. If the demon was a woman, I'd take the lead, but if it were a man, then Raven would. We'd lure it outside, promising sex, and BAM. Quite simple really. Looks like Raven was batting first. 

But when she smiled seductively at the demon, as I'd seen her do many a time, I couldn't help the swell of possessive fury that passed over me. I had to resist the urge to clench my fists, instead gritting my teeth together so hard it was painful. 
'Calm the fuck down,' I thought to myself, forcing myself to relax. 'You know it's only an act!'

"Hello there handsome," Raven all but purred, releasing my hand to place both of hers on his where he sat on the stool. He turned to snap at her but then did a double take, taking in her luscious curves. I wanted to growl at him, stake my claim, show that filthy demon that she was mine, but I knew that was stupid. It would totally wreck out mission, and getting answers was way more important than whatever possessive shit was going on in my head right now. Plus, I knew that any show of possessiveness from me would get Raven pissed off in a heartbeat. 

The demon growled low in its throat, the woman in front of him all but forgotten as he took in Raven's incredible beauty. 
"Hello there gorgeous," it replied, grinning a winning smile. She batted her eyelashes at it, and I fought the bile that rose in my throat, forcing myself to smile like I was enjoying this. Then it turned its cold, stormy eyes on the unfortunate whore, who had been glaring at Raven. She who squeeked in fear at the icy expression on its face. 
"Why don't you run along sweetheart. You're not needed here any more."

Trembling with fear, the redhead did just that, merging with the crowds grounding on the dance floor until she could no longer be seen. 
"Now, what can I do for you?" it asked, setting the now empty glass aside, leaning back on the bar as its gaze continued to roam over her. It barely spared me a glance, eyes lingering on me for a moment before they darted back to Raven, like it had been drawn there by some magnetic pull. Man did I know that feeling...