Chapter 26-Endgame (Lucius' POV)

Please note that this chapter is supposed to be a bit crazy and confusing :) Lucius is...mentally unhinged, and this wonky chapter is supposed to reflect that. 

Sorry for the shortness; I couldn't give too much away. Where's the fun in that? ;) 

REMINDER: Olivia is Raven's mother :)  

-----> Lucius lookin' baaaaad ;)

Chapter 26 

Lucius' POV

It was happening. My endgame was drawing closer, closer still. All the pieces were about to fall into place. 

I had her. At last, I had her. The final part of my revenge. The greatest part. The cruelest part. 

It was all in place. I'd brought Raven back to her childhood home in Isleworth. The one where it had all started. The one where I'd met Her. The one where I'd been rejected by Her. The beginning and the end of everything. 

God, how I wanted this. My hands kept twitching at the thought of inflicting pain on Raven. Pain that had been bottled inside of me all these years. No matter what I did, no matter who I killed, it wouldn't go away. Only when i was harming Olivia in some way, directly or indirectly, did it seem to go away.

Seeing her live in fear of me for a few years had been satisfying. For a while. Knowing the hurt she felt at having to constantly move just to keep those wretched children of hers safe. The children that had ruined everything. The children that had ended things as much as she had. 

But soon, that small hurt hadn't been enough. So I'd killed her. Killed Olivia while her children watched. The thrill of killing Olivia was short-lived, but the looks of horror on her children's faces stayed with me for days, one of my only comforts. I knew that I couldn't rest until I those expressions again. 

So a year later, I killed the younger twin, Grace. And again, i was rewarded with the look of horror on Raven's face. A look consumed with hopelessness, misery, loss. Grief. It made me feel alive again, even if only for a short time. 

And now it was Raven's turn. Her turn to die as the rest of her family had. I wanted it so desperately, it was like a fever within me. This had gone on for long enough and I was growing weary. I just wanted it all to end. But I had to be patient. It was all close, so close. 

Raven was shackled securely in the basement, bound by her hands and feet to the wall. I'd long ago killed the owners of this house in anticipation of this moment. The chains I'd imprisoned her with were mystically enforced so that Raven's powers would be too weak to break them. Her family's corrupt power wouldn't be enough to save her now. So she was stuck. With me. At my mercy. 

She was still out cold. She appeared deceptively sweet, deceptively innocent. But then, so had Olivia. I hadn't seen the cold creature lurking witihn her until it was too late. I'd fallen under her web of lies like a love sick fool. Let my humanity get in the way, of all things. My father had warned me that my human half would weaken me. He'd warned me. But I hadn't listened. Hadn't wanted to listen. And now I was paying the price. 

Grinning, I got out a gag and wrapped it tightly around Raven's mouth. It wouldn't do for her to be screaming... At least not yet. When I returned, there would be plenty of time for her cries of anguish. But all in good time. There was still one fundamental part of the puzzle missing. One I planned to retrieve.

Soon. Soon I would be at peace. Soon it would all be over. 

The sound of the front door closing behind me sounded as determined as I felt. 

Soon. 

***

Short, I know, but what can you do? I didn't want to give too much away ;) This pretty much explains a bit more about his motives and lets you guys know that thankfully, Raven is not dead :) *breathes sigh of relief* 

This was probably a bit confusing, and it supposed to be. It's not supposed to make proper sense yet. It's got a sort of...fragmented structure for a reason: because Lucius isn't exactly right in the head. 

SoOoOoOo. What do you think the missing puzzle piece is? What do you think Lucius is gonna do next? 

Comment, vote, fan. 

Thanks to all you awesome people for bothering to read! YOU ROCK!!!

And sorry for any mistakes and whatnot. I kinda suck :(