Part 1

{Cat's POV}

Today Joey invited me to hang out and take me somewhere special. I dressed up nice and waited for him to come. I heard a honk and then walked outside. Then I saw a girl in the front seat and my big smile faded. It was Whitney. I sadly got into the back seat, alone. Joey turned to look at me and I faked a smile but he knew I was upset and mouthed "sorry"

"Hi cat!" Whitney said, not even looking at me.

"Hi" I said back. It was a silent, awkward ride, and I didn't even know where we were going.

"Um so how are you guys?" Joey attempted to break the silence, but he only made the ride more awkward.

"Good" I said unenthusiastically.

"I AM SO GREAT JOEY, THANK YOU FOR ASKING" Whitney said loudly. I rolled my eyes.

After 10 minutes (which seemed like 2 hours) we finally arrived.

We got out of the car and started walking along the beach, looking for a good spot on the sand. Joey pulled out his camera and started vlogging. Then Whitney grabbed his arm and acted clingy to him and kept flirting. I stood at a distance from them. I wasnt even in the vlog. Then joey turned the camera to me and starting filming me.

"Cats here!" He said. I waved to the camera. He stopped vlogging and pulled away from Whitney and walked next to me.

"Cat you look like you aren't having fun, but I have a surprise for you later!" Joey said

"Whatever" I said, walking towards the water. Suddenly he pushed me into the water.

"JOEY!!!!" I screamed. I couldn't tell if I was happy or angry. He started laughing hysterically and I splashed water at him.

"Not funny!!!" I said but I couldn't help but smile. I was drenched in water. He kept on laughing so I pushed him into the water for payback. Then he pulled me in and we started splashing each other. I looked away and I saw Whitney staring at me angrily.

"Cat?" He said, noticing that I was staring away.

"Uh im gonna go dry off now, ill be right back," I said, walking away with a towel around me.

*5 MIN LATER*

I was walking back. I looked up and I saw joey and Whitney kissing. I awkwardly stood there until Joey looked at me.

"Cat!-" Joey tried to explain

"Im gonna go buy some snacks for all of us," I said, and quickly turned around and walked trying to hold back tears.

{Joey POV}

"Whitney I told you I don't like you that way! You made cat leave!" I said.

"Sorry joey, I couldn't help it. Ill just take the bus home if you want me to leave," whitney said trying to make me feel guilty.

"No, I want you to explain to cat and then we can continue hanging out AS FRIENDS," I said.

"Why? Do you like her or something?" She said. My face started getting red.

"N-no! Whitney just stop please, I don't know why you're acting like this," I said

"Whatever joey, fine ill explain to her when she comes back," she said.

"Thank you."

Cat started to walk back, holding several bags of snacks.

"Umm, here you go, I thought you guys were a little hungry so I bought some snacks," cat said. I could tell she felt uncomfortable.

"Thanks cat," I said. Then I nudged Whitney. She sighed.

"Sorry cat, about that incident, I kissed joey but it turns out he likes you instead of me," Whitney said.

"WHITNEY!!!" My face got red again. Cat looked confused

"Can we just go eat already?" I said, annoyed.