Part 5

As joey leaned in closer, inside i panicked. WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO

Then I heard a phone buzzing, it was joeys phone.

Thank god.

"Um, I'll be right back," he said, walking away holding his phone.

I finally calmed down, so happy that his phone interrupted. By the time he's done meghan will come back and we'll all hang out AS FRIENDS and forget about what happened.

{Joeys POV}

I decided to just go for it. I leaned in to kiss my crush, cat.

Then my stupid phone decided to ring. WHY?! Why must someone call me at this moment?! I can't ignore it, it will be awkward kissing her with my phone ringing in my pocket. Trying to hide my anger, I got up to answer the phone and walked to a quiet spot to talk.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Joey!!! It's Whitney! I rented some movies, wanna hang at my house?" she said.

"Sorry Whitney, but I can't, I'm with cat and meghan at a party. Maybe later this week," I said. Of course Whitney would ruin a moment like this.

"Again?! How many times are you going to turn me down for CAT?! You guys might as well be married!" I held the phone a distance from my ear because she was screaming through the phone.

"Come on whit, I don't have time to argue about this again," I said.

"I don't either! I am fed up with being the third wheel in this friendship!" She screamed.

"What FRIENDSHIP?! All you do is bully Cat! What kind of friendship is that?!" I screamed back. People were beginning to stare. I worried that cat overheard so I started to talk quieter.

"Just go back to your little girlfriend. Ill watch the movies alone," she said.

"She's not my girlfriend! Are you even listening to m-" then she hung up. I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket and walked back to Cat.

I sat down next to her. "Sorry, I got a call from-"

"Whitney?" Cat interrupted me.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just guessed, but I'm not surprised," she said. Then there was an awkward silence. I was too embarrassed to try to kiss her again. I just sat there, upset. I couldn't stop thinking about how Whitney ruined it. Ruined everything.

"Um, joey?" she said.

"What?" I asked.

"There's..uh.. A leaf.. On your hair," she reached up and took the leaf off. She started laughing, but I only let out a small chuckle.

"Why so sad?" She asked me.

"I'm not, just tired," I replied. But I wasn't. I was scared of getting rejected.

"You're not tired, I'm not dumb. You look upset and I can see fear in your eyes, also your face is getting red-" she started saying

"Okay okay I know cat, thanks," I said, turning away.

"Is it... About me?" She said.

"No. Well I don't know. It's complicated," I said. I hope she didnt find out that I liked her from saying this. I turned to look at her because she was quiet and she was looking down at her shoes. Then she turned to me, leaned up, and kissed my cheek.

"Well whatever it is, I'll be here for you," she said. I started smiling and my face was bright red. Good thing it was dark.

"Not a kiss on the lips?" I said. She laughed, remembering the truth or dare video.

But sadly, even after this, nothing changed about our friendship.

Well at least not until one moment.