Part 9

I clenched my hands into fists, but I didn't yell back at him. I didn't want to cause more problems than there already were. I bottled up my anger and walked upstairs. I could have misheard him. I REALLY hope I did. He was doing a horrible job at being a roommate.

"Cat? You ready?" I said.

"Yep," she said. I gave her a quick kiss and we went downstairs.

"Bye Sawyer!" I said, deciding to let it go and not be angry.

~~

{CAT'S POV}

We arrived at the boba place and we both got our taro slushies, as usual.

"I have to use the restroom, be back in a minute," Joey said, disappearing into the men's bathroom. He left his phone on the table. About 30 seconds later, It started beeping and a text showed on the screen.

"Hey <3 Come over today!" I didnt get to see who wrote it because Joey was already coming back. Ugh. But It doesn't matter because I KNOW Joey wouldn't cheat on me... But at the same time it DID matter. I don't know if I should tell people about our relationship or not. My chin rested on my hand, my elbow on the table.

"Cat? Everything alright?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah!" I sipped my slushie. But everything WASN'T alright. I want to know who sent that text. And I'm not going to forget about it. I'm going to find out who sent it.

"Joey, get me some napkins over there," I said. He glared at me.

"Aww....Pleeeease?" I asked, doing the puppy-dog face.

"Fiiine," he groaned, getting up. But he put the phone in his pocket and walked away.

Crap. Well that was a fail.

He came back, handing me the napkins.

"Here you go, your highness," he said, handing me the napkins.

"Well thank you sir, but unfortunately I don't need these napkins anymore," I said. He gasped.

"Caaat! Why did you make me go get it!" He said, laughing.

"You keep it!" I said.

"You're such a weirdo," he said. He got up and threw the the napkins in the trash.

"Well THAT was a waste of trees!" I said, joking.

"Uh, excuse me girl, but trees are like 20,000% of the earth and we can always plant more," he sassed.

"...that's not true, but okay," I replied. As we walked out the door, he grabbed my hand.

"Cat, I'm gonna take you somewhere, it's a surprise!" He said, pulling me.

"I hope you're not kidnapping me..." I said. Or should I say 'Catnapping'? ;)

"It's not kidnapping if you actually want to go!" he said.

"True.." I said, and we got to Satsuki. I got in the front seat and we started driving.

"Joey, always taking me to surprise places," I said, remembering the beach with Whitney. He laughed. Wait, where was Whitney anyway?

"What happened to Whitney?" I asked.

"Oh, um I don't know, I haven't really talked to her in a while," he said.

"Oh," I replied. I thought of the text I saw on his phone earlier.

~~

"We're here!" He yelled, covering my eyes.

"Yay? When are you gonna let me see?" I said.

"Gosh, so impatient," he said. He finally took his hands off my eyes.

"What's this?" I asked, my vision blurry, still adjusting from the darkness.

"It's where we first met!" I said. I realized it was a French coffee shop.

"Oh!! Except it's not in New York," I said.

"Okay, okay, I know this is just a random coffee place and it's not where we first met, and trust me I would go fly us to New York and go back to the same coffee shop, but-" he tried to finish

"Joey it's okay!! I love this date," I said, interrupting him.

We went inside, ordered our drinks, and sat outside.

"You're so sweet, Joey. But why did you decide TODAY that you would take me to 'where we first met'?" I asked.

"Um, well... I actually have to tell you something," he said. My heart started racing. What if he's breaking up with me? No, that can't be true, why would he take me out on a date right now just to dump me?

He drove me home, and before I walked in, he kissed me.

"I still have to tell you!" He said. "Listen.. This might've been our last date."

I knew it!! He's dumping me. My heart shattered into billions of pieces. I wanted to cry and sob like a baby when he got his toy taken away. But I managed to stay strong, somehow.

"But only for now! I have a really great surprise, and I'll try texting you but don't come to my apartment because I won't be there. And it might not be for weeks, but I promise I have fantastic news. I'm gonna miss you, Cat," he said, hugging me. But I was clueless. Where was he going for WEEKS? I thought about the text I saw. What if he will be with that girl at her place, avoiding me? I was so stressed that he wouldn't tell me.

He kissed me once again. "I love you." And walked back to Satsuki. I watched him drive off until his car got smaller and smaller.

I lay on my bed, frustrated, and sad. When will I see Joey again? Where is he even going? Why won't he just tell me?

I had no idea what to do. I felt incomplete, and just bored and lonely without Joey. What could he be doing that is such fantastic news that he can't even tell me!? Ugh.

I guess I can only hope for the best for now. I hugged the teddy bear he gave me a while ago, squeezing it so hard it could have suffocated if it was alive.