Part 3

{JOEY POV}

I walked into the room and found cat sleeping on the floor.

"Cat wake up!" I said

"What time is it?" She finally woke up

"It's midnight, but do you wanna watch a movie or something? I have some on the counter," I said

"Sure!" She got up and ran to the living room.

"Someone's hyper," I said.

"Well I slept for like 6 hours already," she said, sitting on the couch. I sat by the edge of the couch, leaving some distance between us.

"Do you have snacks?" She asked. I shook my head. She gasped.

"Joey! What kind of person has a movie night without snacks?!" she said, getting up to make popcorn and grabbing a bunch of candy.

{CAT POV}

I sat back down with the food and we put a movie in. 20 minutes into the movie, joey began talking to me. He was probably bored.

"Thank you for coming over," he said. I just smiled. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him looking at me. I turned to look at him and noticed that he moved closer while the movie was playing. He started to lean in, and I got nervous.

"I-I-I have to pee!" I got up and ran to his bathroom. I felt bad for leaving him alone there and rejecting his kiss. Or was he even planning to kiss me? I don't even know anymore. I splashed water on my face, I was still feeling a little tired. But when I got back, what's gonna happen? Is he gonna pretend nothing happened, or bring it up? I won't know what to say.

I finally walked back to the living room.

"Hey. I paused the movie for you," he said.

"Sorry." I said. I sat on the very edge of the couch, away from him, but he turned around looking sad, so I moved and sat a little closer to him. But the water didnt help, and I fell asleep.

About 40 minutes later, I woke up, and realized I was leaning on him which put him in an uncomfortable position, but he didnt move so I would be comfortable.

"I fell asleep on you, didnt I?" I asked already knowing the answer. He nodded his head.

"Sorry..." I said quietly.

"Stop saying sorry!" he said

"Sorry!- I mean-"

"It's okay," he laughed. I noticed I was still leaning on him so I sat up.

"S-" I quickly covered my mouth. I need to stop apologizing for everything. We werent even paying attention to the movie anymore, so he turned it off.

"Oh yeah, sorry about, um, making you uncomfortable when I was leaning in, I was just trying to get the remote," Joey said out of nowhere. I suddenly felt weird because I knew that he knew I thought he was going to kiss me. But at the same time I felt like he was just using the remote thing as a cover-up. I didn't want to deal with this right now because I didn't like him. But at the same time I did. But I didn't. Maybe a little.

"You said the S word" I said, trying to change the subject and make him laugh.

"Sorry!" Then he covered his mouth. "See I'm catching it from you."

We both were laughing, then we heard a knock on the door.

"Who's that?" I whispered. He shrugged and went to go answer the door. He opened it slightly and the person on the other side pushed in.

"JOEY!!!" Whitney came in and wrapped her arms around joey. "I'm here for our date."

"What? What date-" Joey turned to me with a confused look.

"Oh. I see you're on another date. You're such a cheater, joey," Whitney said, pretending to be angry. But I already knew she was lying.

"Whitney! I know you're jealous but you can stop pretending stuff, you don't have to be jealous, nothing is even going on with me and cat..." When he said those words, I was kind of hurt.

"Yeah not anymore, after she saw that you're a cheater!" Whitney said.

"No, get out, we were never dating. And I told you Whitney that I just want to be FRIENDS a million times already! If you can't seem to get that, then maybe we shouldn't even be friends!" Joey said. I was surprised he finally stood up to her.

"Okay.. Fine, I'm sorry. You know I get jealous really easily. But I get you just want to be friends. But please, can I stay over? I came here with my bike and now suddenly there's this huge storm," Whitney said.

"Ugh, okay, just get in," Joey said opening the door. Whitney just wants to get in the way of me and joey... That's another reason why we can't date, it will affect our friendships with other people.

"I'll be going to sleep now," I said.

"Me too. Whitney, you can sleep on the couch," joey said. I was so tired I accidentally fell on joeys bed, and not my little bed on the floor. I was too lazy to move so I stayed there. I heard foot steps and pretended to be asleep. I opened my eyes slightly and saw joey sleeping on the floor.

"Joey, just sleep here, the floor is cold," I said.

"I know, but I wouldn't want to make you have to sleep on the cold floor," he said.

"Then just sleep on the other side of the bed," I felt my face get red for some reason and I saw joey smile

"Okay." It was awkward but we faced the opposite direction and I laid so close to the edge I could fall off. And that's what happened.

"Joey! Why did you push me off!" I said at about 2 am.

"I didnt touch you! You were laying so close to the edge" joey said, laughing. I pushed him off the bed. Then I swore I saw Whitney at the door, but when I looked up, she was gone.