Part 6

We came home from the party and Meghan and Cat came over.

I was making food and Cat and Meghan lazily sat on the couch.

"Should I invite Whitney over?" I asked

"NOO" they said in unison.

"Why not? She is kind of left out on everything, I feel bad," I said. Cat remained silent and looked down and fidgeted with her ring. Meghan was about to speak but stopped when she saw Cat.

"Um, I'll be right back," I said. I went up to grab my phone and when I came back, I overheard Meghan and Cat and decided not to go in.

"Why does Joey always feel bad for Whitney? She is always hitting on him and being rude to both of us, and he still wants to be her friend," I heard Cat say. This was true, but I hated ditching friends and leaving them behind, no matter what they did. I still wanted to be her friend even though a part of me didnt.

"Well I don't really talk to her, but I agree. She does seem kinda annoying. I hope Joey doesn't invite her over," Meghan said. I decided to just walk in. But as I took a step and heard cat say something, I stayed behind the wall.

"You know what she did?" Cat said.

"What?" Said meghan.

"Joey was about to kiss me... Then she.. She called and interrupted everything and it became awkward.. Then.." Cat continued but then paused.

"Then what?! Did you kiss him?!" I wanted to see Meghan's reaction but all I could do is overhear.

"Um, on the cheek, yeah, but it didnt really change anything," Cat said.

"Why? Do you wanna date Joey?!" Meghan yelled, which made me smile.

"MEGHAN! Stop yelling!! Joey might hear you! Where is he anyway?" Cat said. I was scared she would come and see me eavesdropping, so I just walked in.

"Hey joey!!!" Meghan said.

"Hi. Sorry I was talking on the phone for a while upstairs," I said, lying.

"Ugh, did you invite Whitney?" Meghan said. I shrugged, showing a look of "why do you care?" Then she pointed at cat, who was busy on her phone not paying attention to the conversation.

"Hey guys, ill be back in half an hour. I forgot to feed beta. And I'm gonna get clothes to sleep over," cat said. We said bye and she left. Then meghan started staring at me funny.

"W-what?" I said uncomfortably.

"You like Cat!" Meghan said.

"Meghan!" I groaned.

"Ask her out!" She yelled.

"No!" I yelled back. My face started getting red.

"So you do like her!" she said.

"Meghan I'm already stressed out, so can you play matchmaker another time because NOWS NOT THE TIME," I said.

...

There was a silence.

"I still know you like Cat," Meghan said with a big smirk on her face. Ughhh. Why couldn't she just leave me and my feelings alone?! I'm not even sure if I like Cat or not!

We decided to just play some board games and I hoped Meghan wouldn't bring up me "liking" Cat. I was relieved that she didnt. Then we heard a knock on the door so I opened it and Cat walked in holding her phone. Then she shoved the phone inches away from my face.

"WHO IS THIS JESSICA GIRL?!" She yelled, the picture of me and Jessica I posted on Instagram right next to my face.

"Somebody's jealous," I said, walking back to our spot on the floor playing a board game.

"Well SOMEBODY doesn't want to explain to me who she is,"'she said, following behind me.

"She's from storytellers, our ship name is Joessica," I said, trying to make her jealous.

"OHHH I SEE So you just abandon Jatrific and replace it with Joessica?!" Cat said, screaming. I knew she was joking though.

"Calm, girl, it's not like any of the ships are gonna happen anyway!" I said, then quickly regretting it. She turned around and she was smiling from the "argument" but I could see hurt in her eyes. Then there was an awkward silence again.

It was already 1 am and we were all tired. And once again, cat fell asleep on my shoulder, but I started to wonder whether she deliberately fell asleep on me or if it was an accident. Either way, I wouldn't move, it is a sweet moment that I wanted to cherish, accident or not.

Everytime she did this (maybe this was the third time) she would always sleepily wake up and say "sorry" and ask me why I never brought her to bed or anything because she thought she was making me sleep uncomfortably.

But all I can do for now is regret. Regret the things I said and did but regret not doing the things I should have done sooner...

~~

A/N: sorry for not updating much >.< But thanks for 450 reads!! I'm trying to keep it suspenseful and sweet at the same time, so Sorry if you think it's going really slow or getting nowhere, but I promise it will be worth reading all of this even if its boring ^.^ ill update more starting tomorrow since I have more time, so just stay tuned :3