Comas And Queenie

Funny thing when you're in a coma. You can't really hear what everyone's saying. I mean, of course you do, but you just don't register it in your brain, unless you're close to waking up. It's either that or you only catch very brief, mere seconds, of things that occur in a week. Either way you have very little information and recollection of being in a coma. No sense of time, no sense of direction, no recognition. Nada.

~~~~~~~

Mackenzie could feel her fingertips.

S h e c o u l d f e e l h e r f i n g e r t i p s .

They felt, alive. Buzzed. Charged.

And then she started to feel her toes, and her legs, and her armsandheadandtorso and bam! She was sitting straight up. Awake, eyes open, gasping for air. A machine was beeping like crazy behind her, the circuits and lights in the place were going crazy haywire. Computers were shorting and two people were running around trying to figure out what was going on.

"Woah woah woah! Easy there tiger!" A guy with dark wavy hair said as he and a girl rushed over to Mackenzie.

"Who am I? What am I doing here? Who are you?" Mackenzie asked frantically.

"Calm down. Don't worry. We're here to help" The boy smiled and the woman poked and prodded at Mackenzie with needles and tubes and IV's. She squirmed.

"Caitlin, Caitlin. Give it a rest. Let her breathe first" The boy said

"But we need to do tests! Cisco! She's my-"

But before Caitlin could say anything else, someone in the bed next to Mackenzie sat straight up, gasping for air, similarly to the way she had. The two went over and fussed over him, which Mackenzie was grateful for. She took the time to look the place over. It was familiar. Funny little room. She heard a song playing, it was one she recognized. Poker Face by Lady Gaga. As she looked around, things start to come back to her. The room felt familiar because she had been there before, it was the Cortex. She looked around and her eyes locked on the girl.

"Caitlin"

"Mack. Thank god you're okay" Caitlin sighed and rushed over to hug Mackenzie.

"How long was I out?" Mack asked

"Yeah?" The boy next to her inquired, rubbing his eyes. Mackenzie thought it was kinda cute.

"Nine months" A calm voice said from behind everyone. They all turned around. Wells. Mackenzie frowned as she saw that he was in an electric wheel chair.

"Caitlin I have to go. I really do" Mackenzie said as she pulled IV's out of her arms and swung her legs over the bed. Caitlin tossed her a S.T.A.R Labs sweatshirt to go over her bra and with her shorts.

"I need to go too, please, I need to talk to my family" The boy said as he pulled on his own sweatshirt, matching with Mackenzie's.

"But we have tests to run. There's still so much that we don't know" Wells argued

"Yup. That's what I said about the particle accelerator. Isn't it?" Mack countered, annoyed, her accent thick.

"Thank you, really. For saving my life. For saving our lives. But we have to go" The boy said, kinder than Mackenzie.

"Yeah. What he said" She nodded as they headed out the door together. The boy stopped suddenly and turned back around, popping his head back into the doorway.