Soon

"Okay how big is this damn place?" Laurel groaned as she sat down.

"I think we've been walking for an hour at least" Thea groaned

"58 minutes and approximately 23 second" Mack hummed

"You've been counting?" Laurel laughed. Mack shrugged

"I wish I could just get us out of here but I can't feel any electrical current" Mack huffed as she closed her eyes and ran her hands along the walls of the maze-like cement building.

"Mack?" Came the sound of Barry's voice from afar. Mack perked up; finally she could get out of here and go home.

And maybe she had missed Barry just a little.

"Barry!" She called out, he was there in seconds. Once he had seen that everything was safe, he pulled off his mask. He stood close to Mackenzie, far enough away to not be touching her, but close enough that they could lean in and be rather intimate. She released a breath she didn't know she had been holding. They spent what felt like years just staring at each other tensely until Barry wrapped his arms around Mack. She tensed, but relaxed finally after a moment or two. As she pulled away Barry looked her in the eyes and opened his mouth but was beat to it.

"Mack are you alright?" Oliver asked, pulling Mack to face him as he checked over her to make sure she was all safe and healthy.

"Oliver you're an idiottttt" Laurel whined, making sympathetic and annoyed eye contact with Mack. Mackenzie sent an unconvinced look at Laurel. Laurel looked between her and Barry, and then annoyedly at Oliver. Mack put a hand to her temple and shook her head, but she couldn't stop a smile from creeping onto her face.

"What??" Oliver asked defensively

"Let's just get out of here" Laurel chuckled and they were all off.

«««««»»»»»

After Ollie, Laurel, and Thea had exchanged their goodbyes with the team, they were on their way.

"Well I'll see you all tomorrow. Glad you're safe Miss Carter" Wells smiled at Mack before wheeling out. Mack saluted to him.

"I'm exhausted" Mackenzie sighed as she leaned back against Barry, who himself was leaning back on her desk. Slightly surprised, he simply wrapped his arms around her and she fluttered her eyes closed. They stayed there; Mack's eyes closed, leaning into Barry's chest. It was... peaceful.

Caitlin and Cisco exchanged a look before making direct eye contact with Barry and then to the girl in his arms and back to him. Barry shrugged. Mack started to feel her head hurt. She frowned.

"Mack you feeling okay?" Cisco

A sudden pounding overwhelmed Mack's head. She groaned before falling out of Barry's arms and onto the floor with a crash. Everyone stared at her, not quite sure of what to do.

"Should I...?" The boys nodded quickly at Caitlin's suggestion-question.

Caitlin leaned down, quickly found Mack's pulse, and tried to wake her. But once Caitlin, Cisco, and Barry were unable to wake her, they started to worry.

Mack's Head

What the fuck? What's going on? Where am I? Where's the light?

There is no light.

Who THE FUCK are you.

My name is Endocryptus and I'm here in your mind to let you know that you will fail.

Fail? Fail what? . . . Hello?

Moments later Mack awoke with a start. Her three friends jumped and rushed to her side.