Warnings

Barry woke up the next morning in a strangely good mood. He turned over and quickly discovered the reason why. He smiled as he watched Mackenzie, the tide of her breathing as she slept. She looked peaceful. She never looked peaceful when she was awake.

He quietly got up and started getting ready. Just as he finished, Barry got a phone call.

"Hey Cisco" He answered

"Hi sleepyhead! Meet me at the Lab in twenty. And get a hold of Mack if you can too, she's not up, which is unusual, but I'm sure she needed the sleep" Cisco rambled

"Sure thing buddy" Barry chuckled and hung up

He went into the bedroom to find Mack wasn't there. He walked back out into the hallway to find a completely ready Mackenzie standing infront of him.

"Woah" Barry noted. How had he not seen her?

"Cisco call?" She asked as she rolled up her sleeves

"Yeah. You ready?" Barry asked

"As I'll ever be" She replied and the two left.

Mack tapped her foot, looking around anxiously as Barry locked the door. He turned to her.

"You okay?" He asked

"Mhm" She mumbled, looking down the hallway.

Barry glanced at her before slipping his hand into hers. Mack looked at him for a moment, letting their eyes connect, before resting her head on his shoulder.

"Ready?" He asked

"Race you" She grinned and was gone.

Barry chuckled and disappeared after her.

When he arrived at the lab, Mack sat atop her desk.

"Nice of you to finally show up" She winked before turning to Cisco, "What's new with our good ol' fire pal?"

"Well he's been pretty dormant" Cisco said unsurely

"Which is no good" Wells added, they all faced him as he wheeled over to the screen.

"There have been heat drains in the following parts of the city, but they don't seem connected at all, just random places" Wells sighed. Everyone stared at the screen.

"Well... What if they aren't suppose to be linked?" Mack said

"What do you mean?" Cisco asked

"Well" Mack stood and walked over to the screen, "If you look, each of these places is about the same distance from each other. What if our friendly neighborhood Fireman needs to recharge after awhile? It seems to me like he can go..... 15 minutes and 27 or so seconds before needing to acquire more heat. If we spend 15 minutes getting him somewhere and cut out the heat in the surrounding area, we'd have a much better chance of taking him"

Silence.

"Yeah, sounds good" Wells smiled. Mackenzie never ceased to amaze and amuse him.

"15 minutes.... and 27 seconds, or so" Cisco scoffed at Mack

"Was I off?" She looked surprised and Barry struggled not to burst out laughing. She was adorable.

"No" Wells assured Mack, "You were right on. 15 minutes and 27 seconds, on the dot" He chuckled

"Fuck that Mack. What can't you do?" Cisco asked