When You Need Me

Caitlin and Barry's trip to Perth had been very disappointingly uneventful. They didn't find Mack in their one week time frame, Australia is a big country. They returned home empty handed.

"You're back. I'm sorry about Mack, maybe she'll come around. But until then we have work to do" Wells nodded before leading the two into the cortex where Cisco was in wait.

"Good news?!" Cisco jumped up at the sight of his two friends.

Barry bit the inside of his cheek as he and Caitlin nodded a brief 'no'. Cisco's face fell but he updated them on the situation nonetheless.

"There's a new meta in town. He broke out of Iron Height's meta section last week. He controls the cold. Icicles, snow, wind, the whole shebang. Um, Mack... Mack actually was the one to take him down. On the train" Cisco said

"Alright let's get down to it" Barry brushed off the comment about Mack.

The fact of the matter is, after his unsuccessful heist for Mack, Barry was crushed. There was no doubt in his mind now that he really liked her, maybe even loved her. She was funny and kind and smart and she wanted to help people, always had. When she was around, he felt so happy and yet so nervous and when her hand held his to lead them out of their fancy French restaurant Barry was blushing like mad. He missed her laugh and crude humor and her smile and her beyond adorable Australian accent. But he had fucked up. Big time. Kids, you really shouldn't call the person you're fond of a senseless, heartless, emotionless murderess. Especially when you don't know the whole story. And Mack had made it pretty clear that she didn't want to be found, or at least--certainly not by him.

"No, Barry. The fighting can wait a little. Your speed is based on friction, which creates heat. This particular opponent can eliminate that frictional heat, and therefore damage your speed. If he makes a move, I'll let you know. Go home and get some rest. Eat something. You too Doctor Snow. It's been a long few weeks. Cisco you go with them. I'll run things over here and call you back if I need anything" Wells dismissed them. Barry was about to protest when Cisco grabbed his two friends by the arm and lead them out of S.T.A.R Labs.

"Let's get you guys rested up alright?" Cisco smiled for his friends, but deep in his heart he missed Mack. Her humor and laugh that lit up the room was deeply needed right now.

Now yes, Wells thought they all needed a break, but there was an ulterior motive to said dismissal. A crack of electricity sounded. Wells turned around.

"Miss Carter" He greeted

"The Man of The Lab" Mackenzie smirked, she crossed her arms over her chest. Her feet weren't touching the ground, they floated on electrical currents connected to the floor. Her larger arm veins were glowing and there was a strange glow-like quality to her eyes too. Her entire being seemed to be charged with her own energy, crackles and currents popping  every so often at random.

"When did you get back?" Wells asked

"Nearly a week ago" She replied

"Seems you learned a few new tricks" Wells chuckled

"I had the time" Mack raised an eyebrow, a signature smirk on her face.

"That you did" Wells chuckled, "Are you going to tell your teammates you're back?"

"I don't think that's the best course of action" Mack gazed at the floor

"They miss you"

"They'll never look at me the same way. I'm tired of pity. I don't want it. Caitlin and Oliver know. And for once I'm actually okay with where I'm at"