Cure Me Up Buttercup

A week later and it was tense at the cortex.

It marked the one week countdown until Mack's demise, if she lasted that long.

Everyone was working furiously to help her, but they were running out of ideas.

"Mack, come here a second, would you?" Cisco called her over. She brushed past Barry, whom she was talking to, and stood before Cisco.

"What's up?" She asked

"Blood sample" He pointed to Caitlin and her supplies in the medical corner of the cortex.

"Another? Is she loosing too much blood?" Barry asked worriedly

"Nah I've still got another pint or so left before I collapse" Mack reassured him

"Awesome" Barry said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes, "What if a meta shows up and you're too weak to fight?"

"You don't think you can handle it yourself?" Mack smirked, one eyebrow raised in a challenge.

Cisco and Caitlin made suggestive eye contact across the room. Mackenzie chose to ignore it.

Sure enough, not five minutes after she had had more blood drawn, the metahuman app alerted the team that there was a rogue meta robbing banks downtown.

Sickly pale and sitting in her rolling chair, Mackenzie smirked.

"All you Allen" She flashed him a brilliant smile

He rolled his eyes and quickly got changed.

"Don't die" She advised

"I won't" Barry muttered and ran off.

Just as Barry left, Oliver entered the cortex.

"Queenie!" Mack spring up and ran to hug Oliver, but suddenly felt very lightheaded.

"Woah! Kenzie!" Oliver said, concern lacing his voice as he caught the falling girl.

"Shit" Mackenzie mumbled, standing up straight with Oliver's help.

"What happened to you?" He asked worriedly, inspecting her.

"Blood tests" Mack replied tiredly, "Carry me back?" She pouted, holding her arms out.

"Fine" Oliver rolled his eyes and picked the girl up.

"Uh... Hey Oliver" Cisco finally coughed as Oliver set Mack down onto the hospital bed in the medical corner of the cortex.

"I meant to my chair" Mack scoffed

"Sucks" He replied, non-verbally scolding her with his eyes.

"Yeah, what's up Oliver?" Caitlin asked, an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"I need some help. Some metahuman help" Oliver sighed.

"That's me!" Mack exclaimed, sitting up and swinging her legs off the bed.

"No way in hell" Cisco laughed at his friend

"What's happening in Star City?" Caitlin turned back to Oliver

"I've got meta's showing up everywhere. Me, Dig, Felicity, Roy, Aurora, Laurel, and Thea can barely hold them off. We need some fire to fight fire with" He explained

"Tell Barry I'll be home soon and don't let him start pacing if he gets worried, it only makes it worse" Mack said, waving her hand, "And I'm fine" She added to Cisco and Caitlin before they could protest.