Take Notes

Mack knocked on Barry's door. No answer. After a few seconds she tried again. And again, nothing.

"Barry!" Mack shouted.

At first she was a bit put-off. He wanted her here! He was the one begging for a third chance that Mack definitely didn't have to give him, but she did! And what was she greeted with? A standup. Where was he?

But then another emotion kicked in. Fear.

Wait... Where is he? Is he okay? Is he hurt? Mack checked her watch. It was four minutes past seven. She started to panic.

It was then that she could feel it.

Her palms warming up. Energy running through her veins, through her limbs. Her vision blurring with a blue light.

"No" She told herself under her breath, "Stop it. It's okay. Calm down"

Barry's in trouble?! And you want to calm down?! He might be in danger! You have to save him! You have to save everyone! Are you gonna let him die like you did before?? If he dies, you're at fault. You're the evil one. You've always been the evil one

Mack pressed her palms to her temples. She couldn't believe this was happening right here and right now, of all places.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut UP!" She yelled in a hushed whisper.

The sound of a door clicking open knocked Mack out of her whatever-that-was and back into the real world. She quickly put a fake smile on as Barry Allen opened the door.

He looked concerned, but relaxed instantly when he saw Mack.

"Hey Barry" She greeted quickly as she brushed past him and walked into his house. 

"Hey Mack. You all good?" Barry asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She asked innocently as she looked around, "Nice place. I didn't notice before"

"Oh! Before as in when yo-... I mean to thanks. Your place was too from what I saw of... it..." Barry trailed off. Damn it! He swore at himself. He always managed to make things terribly awkward.

"Oh you mean covered in shattered glass and painted stark white?? I do love myself some creativity" Mackenzie rolled her eyes

"Sorry" Barry sighed, cringing slightly.

"It's whatever, Allen" She waved her hand to show that she had already brushed it off. "You ready?" She asked, walking towards the door.

"Ready for what?" He said, before mentally face-palming himself. Mack raised an eyebrow.

"Your third chance means my rules. Or you know, I could just leave forever" She shrugged passively.

"Manipulative" He mumbled whilst shaking his head, but he couldn't help but smile to himself.

"You have no idea" She muttered as she exited his apartment, Barry quickly following behind.

"So where are we heading?" He asked curiously.

"Frozen yogurt" Mackenzie said simply as they walked side by side.

"I take it we're riding in the slower lane today?" Barry referenced their last evening together.

"Life is a highway for you Barry. I think you forget. You've got two way roads, with multiple lanes and different speeds and people. For some of us, the slow lane is all we know. We're on a one way, one lane, dirt path. It's all we've ever known. You're lucky you know" Mack commented