Radiometa

"So basically, the metas aren't just powerful, they're radioactive??" Cisco clarified, panic lacing his voice.

"Only certain ones. Barry, for example, doesn't have the radioactive gene. We needn't worry abut him. Miss Carter, on the other hand, does. The radioactive gene means that metas, even those who haven't discovered their powers yet, will build up symptoms like power surges, hallucinations, fever and sickness, anxiety, anger control issues, etc, until they reach the climax point, at which they either lose their true selves and turn evil, or simply explode and perish" Wells clarified.

"And Mack is one of these 'radio-metas'?" Oliver asked

"Yes, isn't that what I just said?" Wells said, confused.

"It's just... a lot to process" Caitlin breathed

"We need to save Mack" Barry said, his brain working at a million miles per hour.

"Agreed, and all the radio-metas. The question, however, is how?" Wells wheeled out from behind his explanation-table.

"You mean you don't know?" Oliver asked

"No, Mr Queen, I do not" Wells replied, slightly annoyed

"I'm putting everyone at Queen Labs on it, I'll call you if I find something" He directed the last half of his sentence towards Caitlin, who nodded as he left in a hurry to get to his gala.

"I'll start. Do we know how much time we have?" Cisco asked as he sat at a computer

"No, but I'd estimate three days for the earliest cases" Wells said

"... And for Mack?" Caitlin shut her eyes, fearing the answer.  

"Miss Carter is strong, I figure that without help, she can make it three weeks at the most, ten days at the least" Wells said. Barry felt sick.

"I'm gonna go check on her" And he was gone

~~~~~~~~~~

Mack woke up in the same clothes she fell asleep in. Exhausted. She stripped off her clothes and changed into new undergarments, a pair of navy blue sweatpants, and a white tank top. She made herself some camomile tea and sat upon her balcony. Hands shaking, she sipped her tea and lit a cigarette.

How could she do this? How did she manage to hurt everyone she loved?

Angry tears filled her eyes as she sighed, sipping her tea shakily and blowing out smoke.

"Tough morning?" A voice snickered. Mackenzie closed her eyes, trying to distinguish if the voice was real or in her head.

"I'm real Mackenzie. I told you I'd see you soon" The black haired, blue eyed boy stepped out of the shadows.

Endocryptus.

"What did you do to me?" She whispered, tears filling her eyes as she rested her smoking cigarette in an ash tray.

"Poor Mackenzie. Slowly destroying everyone around her. The people she loves most, hating and fearing her. Welcome to my life Mackenzie. When you killed my entire town and left me alone, no one wanted me. Everyone thought I was a crazy lunatic freak for surviving. They thought I was some devil child and wanted nothing to do with me. Three years old Mackenzie, I don't even remember what love feels like" His words were sharp as knifes, cutting apart the most vulnerable part of her.

"I'm so sorry. I wish I could take it back" She spoke truthfully, her voice shaking. "Please don't do this to me. What are you doing to me?" She begged