The Ultimate Title

The identity file didn't contain much, and quite frankly, Mack was surprised that he cared to give them his identity. But currently, there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Barry, now!" Mack yelled

Mack had the meta they were fighting contained in an energy field, but it wouldn't last long, seeing as he was fighting ruthlessly against her.

"Barry! I can't hold this much longer!" Mack yelled

"Sorry! Sorry! Coming!" He said over coms. Mack rolled her eyes.

The meta banged against the energy field and yelled.

"Oh quiet you" She growled at him

Finally, Barry showed and took the guy out, bringing him to the CCPD in a matter of minutes.

Mack zapped herself back to S.T.A.R Labs and Barry ran back. They both changed out of their suits, thanked the team, then went home.

Awhile after Barry left, Mack zapped herself home to find Barry waiting, as she expected.

"Where the hell were you on the field today?" Mack asked as she walked past him into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry. I've been..." He trailed off

"Distracted?" Mack filled in for him. He sighed. "By what Allen?"

She poured herself a cup of coffee and sat on the couch next to him.

"Every single time you need me, I'm not there. It's like the universe is telling me that I... That I can't save you, and right now, that's very unsettling" Barry mumbled

"Hey, we're gonna figure this out Allen. You and me, together. Trust me, I'm not good at playing the damsel in distress" Mack reminded him as she handed him her coffee. He took a sip before returning it to her and taking her free hand in his own. She played with their fingers, looking down at the patterns she was making with their hands. She had learned that it made it easier for Barry to speak his mind--to have her calming him and not staring him down.

"Yeah but I'm not even there when you need help; I mean look at today! And last time we fought the Fireman. I wasn't there for you Mack. How... How is that possible? I can save every person in the world but not the one person who's mine" He said softly and sadly as he looked at Mack

Mack didn't really know what to say, so she settled for setting her coffee cup down, placing her hand and his shoulder, and kissing him.

Slowly, carefully at first, but then she was falling. Her lips crashing onto his, her heart felt jump-started, she was practically buzzing with warm, kind electricity. Barry was kissing her back just as hard, his heart moving at an unnatural speed, his hands vibrating minusculy due to how nervous he was about messing this up because quite frankly he could confidently mark it as the best moment of his life thus far.

Then the doorbell rang, surprising Mack.

She heard a crackling sound and then Barry was crying out in pain. She quickly scrambled off him and sat him upright.

"Barry! Are you okay?!" She panicked, looking him over.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just a shock" He reassured her

"From what?" She asked him, confused.

"... From you, Mack?" Barry replied uneasily, confused as to how she didn't know.

"Oh. I-I'm sorry... I'll get the door" She mumbled quickly and got up.

She couldn't believe she had managed to hurt Barry. Again.